• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thumperdogg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Hartford City
    I have a WASR ak, a good one too! The stock wood lower handguard fit snug as could be, but I am not happy with stock, so I put a bunch of fde stuff on it. All of it fits great with the exception of the lower handguard. There is slight movement front to back where as the wood handguard used the spring click piece for retention. There is no side to side play at all. I do not want to use an epoxy that will fade or tin foil :) I just wondered if there were shims sold that would fit inside the lower handguard retainer that would fill a small gap and eliminate the jiggle. Looked everywhere for this, any help would be appreciated!

ShootnCut

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2013
    Indiana
    I had a synthetic forearm a few years ago with the same problem. I drilled and tapped the front "U" section and put a set screw in each side. That made it adjustable for just the right fit.

hrearden

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Also, if you buy a few sets of cheap feeler gauges, you have shim stock that you can read the size on.

thumperdogg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Hartford City
    No play side to side, so I think something would have to be added to the front end that butts up against the lower handguard retainer. Here are some pics of the front.

Top Bottom