• Poll closed .

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    I'll just be doing some basic stock work like removing the tang from an s-12 putting on an internal block then an ace folder followed by a new stock for the vepr 12. I'm more just hanging out and helping folks with saiga conversions, threading barrels, and whatever anyone needs.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I'll just be doing some basic stock work like removing the tang from an s-12 putting on an internal block then an ace folder followed by a new stock for the vepr 12. I'm more just hanging out and helping folks with saiga conversions, threading barrels, and whatever anyone needs.

Awesome! Thank you! My first build needs the receiver drilled and rails spot welded. I have the barrel head spaced(will double and triple check it). Drill the gas port and then assemble. if I don't get much else done I am happy. Hell, I am happy just getting it started. I am going to try to drill the receiver and do what ever else I can do ahead of time. Which won't be much The rivets and spot welding are the thing that is stopping me the most.

Triggertime, if you want a 2 day event that is great. I'll be there the first day. See how I am doing any maybe stay over night in the area. I might get both 47's done then! :rockwoot:The 74 is a low priority. I'll bring it though. I'll probably go ahead and round up the missing pieces. Just in case :-)

I am sure we can get your sight off. There should be a press or two and some experienced builders there! I am hoping to learn a lot.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Awesome! Thank you! My first build needs the receiver drilled and rails spot welded. I have the barrel head spaced(will double and triple check it). Drill the gas port and then assemble. if I don't get much else done I am happy. Hell, I am happy just getting it started. I am going to try to drill the receiver and do what ever else I can do ahead of time. Which won't be much The rivets and spot welding are the thing that is stopping me the most.

Triggertime, if you want a 2 day event that is great. I'll be there the first day. See how I am doing any maybe stay over night in the area. I might get both 47's done then! :rockwoot:The 74 is a low priority. I'll bring it though. I'll probably go ahead and round up the missing pieces. Just in case :-)

I am sure we can get your sight off. There should be a press or two and some experienced builders there! I am hoping to learn a lot.
    We have cheap hotels in the area I can get a good discount on or feel free to set up tents in my back yard. I don't have a big house for overnighters :):

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    If I could find a cheap saiga in 7.62 or 5.45 I would just convert one instead of building a whole ak. I have regretted selling my saiga from day 1. Won't sell another one

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    One day for me, I am sure my rie doesn't want more than this so I will be there a day.

I have the rivet tools but could leave the park tank for a while if needed.

Airborne18th

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Hey guys, I just back from the Crowne point gun show. I picked up my receivers from my FFL. There was a dude there that had Romanian buttstocks with trench art. Not really "super cool" ones: a girls name, and the word condor on one. He had a couple with stickers like a Croatian flag and what he said was a Bosnian sticker. I am sure the Romanians sold, gave, or sent their ak's everywhere. I would feel better knowing my Croatian sticker was on a Yugo buttstock for a battlefield pickup ak. Anyway they are there in laminate he was high about 10-15 bucks on everything consistently. I didn't ask the stock price after the Romanian bakelite mags were 50 bucks.

Recently I bought a couple toth tools I will bring. I have all my parts to a Khyber pass and a polish akm including 922r. I am most interested in blasting and finishing the rifles. So I would like to bring abrasives and/or chip in on the chemicals. I demilled the demilling and cleaned the parts yesterday. I will try to get some of the polish done prior to coming if I can. I have to drill the front trunion holes on the Khyber pass. (Measuring is my weakness I will need an assist/morale support) Vitamink I can bring extra pants, a toga, or even a kilt if they don't let you in the party in your glory. Ha

I am excited to participate thanks to 1911ly for putting this together and everyone volunteering to be awesome.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Hey guys, I just back from the Crowne point gun show. I picked up my receivers from my FFL. There was a dude there that had Romanian buttstocks with trench art. Not really "super cool" ones: a girls name, and the word condor on one. He had a couple with stickers like a Croatian flag and what he said was a Bosnian sticker. I am sure the Romanians sold, gave, or sent their ak's everywhere. I would feel better knowing my Croatian sticker was on a Yugo buttstock for a battlefield pickup ak. Anyway they are there in laminate he was high about 10-15 bucks on everything consistently. I didn't ask the stock price after the Romanian bakelite mags were 50 bucks.

Recently I bought a couple toth tools I will bring. I have all my parts to a Khyber pass and a polish akm including 922r. I am most interested in blasting and finishing the rifles. So I would like to bring abrasives and/or chip in on the chemicals. I demilled the demilling and cleaned the parts yesterday. I will try to get some of the polish done prior to coming if I can. I have to drill the front trunion holes on the Khyber pass. (Measuring is my weakness I will need an assist/morale support) Vitamink I can bring extra pants, a toga, or even a kilt if they don't let you in the party in your glory. Ha

I am excited to participate thanks to 1911ly for putting this together and everyone volunteering to be awesome.

No need to thank me, thank Triggertime to putting up with us! lol. It's sounding like this thing is a go.

I picked up a few tools too. I bought the jig to hold the rails while welding. And a set of 762x39 head space gages. Sounds like we will have plenty of head space gauges around. I wanted to double check my pre head spaced barrel before I pin it. I am going to try to get as much as I can done ahead of time.

Those stocks sound cool. I have a Bulgy AK74 stock with carvings on it but it was not neatly done. And I need a butt stock for my Rommy. I really want a laminated stock. I have thought about going with a poly but I just don't like the feel of poly. I will probably order the rest of the parts I need before the weekend is over. Does anyone have a Rommy stock that is extra to there needs? I'd rather give you money to help with your build then order. I'll pay fair market value. That might help someone.

I am so ready to do this!!!! Do we have the stuff to press gas blocks and front sights? I know we'll have a barrel press. Might be time to go back and update the list of tools and builders. Has anyone dropped out?

Triggertime: That Bulgy stock is yours if you have a wood one to trade.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    I'll be bringing tons of extra crap incase anyone needs it. Grips, stocks, handguards, pins, springs etc. I have a few laminate ones I think. You can have one, it may need stripped.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    If you have a decent wooden buttstock I would be most grateful to buy it from you VitK
    Maybe even Polish? I could dump the plastic one then.

Last edited:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    This is where I have a lot to learn. What fits what?
    I've learned as I've owned them.
    Milled AK's some have a single (upper) and some have a double tang (upper & lower)
    on these new yugoslavian AK's with the butstocks they seem to screw on internaly? Never had one apart.
    the chicom stamped AK's are picky and if you wanna fit say a European stock into a mak90 your gonna be doing some trimming work! Pain in the ass!
    the paps and the yugo underfolders all have longer hand guards so standard ak handguards and even has tubes will not work.
    The Hungarian amd-65 had tube is also unique but if you have machining skills you can retrofit one to accept a standard one. The lower is normal.

this is my experiences

Top Bottom