• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    Sportsman's Guide has Polish receiver blanks for $29.99/$26.99 for Buyer's Club Members... Akm/Akms Receiver Blanks - 1117386, Tactical Rifle Acc at Sportsman's Guide

And my trigger group arrived yesterday... :D I don't know if I can wait until the party to switch it out... might have to youtube it and of course welcome any advice here. :ingo:

Backordered for the moment:

We're sorry, (Product: AKM / AKMS Receiver Blank (A3A1-226222)) is not currently in stock. It's expected in our warehouse on January 28, 2013 and will be shipped to you within 24 hours after its arrival. You will not be billed until the item is shipped. If you do not want to wait for this item, please remove it from your Shopping Cart.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Backordered for the moment:

We're sorry, (Product: AKM / AKMS Receiver Blank (A3A1-226222)) is not currently in stock. It's expected in our warehouse on January 28, 2013 and will be shipped to you within 24 hours after its arrival. You will not be billed until the item is shipped. If you do not want to wait for this item, please remove it from your Shopping Cart.
    Well crap... I didn't try to add it to my cart so I didn't see that message. :( But it sounds like the party may not happen until February, so maybe someone might be able to take advantage of it..

njbenja06

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Columbus, IN
    I admit I have very (Very) limited knowledge on builds and most people on here obviously have more knowledge. BUT I did literally just get an email that this product is in stock. It says out of stock on the page but I doubt they have updated it to show they are in stock. Will continue to watch but wanted to throw this out here and get some feedback.

AK-47 Lower Receiver

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    One more thing to throw out for those interested: Original Bulgarian Milled AK47 Underfolder Parts Kit 7.62X39

That is for a MILLED AK. You would need to buy a milled receiver. You can't use a bent receiver from a flat for that kind of build.

We have plenty of rivet jigs around but unless you have a heat treated 100% receiver, we won't be riveting.

I've done Saiga conversions on the Saiga 12 so I can help you.

Just waiting for VUPDBlue to respond on when MCFG would be available.

njbenja06

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Columbus, IN
    Ah ok, thats good to know. I think I may see if I can trade it for a stamped receiver. Not only a little easier but prefer stamped receivers anyway. Still trying to figure if the email I received for the full receiver was a fluke or if they are already sold out or if they still have not changed the availability for orders to be processed.

Cheapdiesel

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Anyone have a blank that would allow me to measure out? I may be able to get these made locally

I may still have one that is not bent I will check when I get home. I do for certain have the templates I could send it to you in pdf. it prints out in actual size with all the holes and dimples marked on it.

indysims

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    Aug 31, 2011
    Anyone have a blank that would allow me to measure out? I may be able to get these made locally

Same here. I work in sheet metal design myself and have some contacts with some local job shops. Wouldn't 300 series stainless be a good material for something like this?

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    No. The Material is 4130 Annealed at 1mm (from AK-Builder's site). Some heavy duty kits use 1.5 but not as common. You will also need rails.

My build is progressing. All trunnion holes drilled and riveting has begun.

amd65_trunnion.jpg

Last edited:

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    Yes. No swapping out parts unless I want to. I'm going to try the slant brake first and see how well it works. I might used the original AMD brake on my milled 1960.

V-K - That thing is frightening in an awesome sort of way. Accuracy...about 10 feet.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom