vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Tebah: Murder; butchery; guarding of the body;

It is also considered a biblical name. J Tebah could be a first and last name, though i prefer "murder". Tebah according to the bible is in reference to the Ark and it's shape, like a tebah or bowl. I'm sure there are other meanings as well. The J part i don't know though.

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    One of the absolute best is "AK-47 The Grim Reaper" by Frank Iannamico.

"AK-47 The Grim Reaper" Book by Frank Iannamico - MidwayUSA

It's not cheap, and Midway is showing it currently out of stock, but it is one of the best books ever written on the AK-47 rifle. Bill T.

Bill, Thanks for the info on this read. Another you may be interested in is
    The Gun: By C J Chivers. It starts with tracing the history of automatic weapons and how they evolved to today.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Gun-C-J-Chivers/dp/0743270762"]Amazon.com: The Gun (9780743270762): C. J. Chivers: Books[/ame]

Amazon also has two of The Grim Reaper for $41.00.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/AK-47-Grim-Reaper-Frank-Iannamico/dp/0982391803/ref=pd_sim_b_3"]Amazon.com: AK-47 The Grim Reaper (9780982391808): Frank Iannamico: Books[/ame]

DMarines007

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    The picture with Saddam's AK is awesome! The first thing I did after getting out of the Marines was navigated to the 7.62x39 round.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Here's my just finished Saiga conversion:
    picture.php

I started with a Saiga 7.62.39 and added a Romanian side folder, Arsenal 2 stage trigger, Tapco Galil handguard and SAW grip and a Dinzag bullet guide. Today was it's first range trip and I love this thing. I had been warned that the wire side folder was tough to shoot, but it's not at all. Today was a warm day for February, so I was just shooting in a shirt, with no jacket and we ran 140 flawless rounds through it.

The only thing I need to change is the Tapco Galil hand guard. First, it's very bulky and the photo does not show how thick it is. Then, after the 2nd mag, the front clamp popped loose, letting the handguard flop around. I tightened it up but made the mistake of checking how tight it was when I got home and the cross bolt sheared after just a bit of a turn. For now, I'll drill the mount and run a longer bolt through there until I can put a bit of cash away for a better handguard solution.

Other than the handguard, I really like how this turned out. It's accurate enough at 50 yards with stock sights (they'll be replaced too) and a complete hoot to shoot.

Top Bottom