• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MillersTime

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Lowell
    So I carried my Glock 27 every day for 2+years. Then I bought, trained with and carried my .45 XDs for 6 months until it was recalled. Well I got my XDs back yesterday and although I'm glad to have it back I just cant bring myself to reholster it as my everyday carry. I know I love this gun but mentally I cant get past having to go back to Ol' faithful...my Glock. Anyone else having this post recall problem?

MillersTime

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Lowell
    Forgot to mention I also picked up a ruger LCR 38special along the way that now has to be returned because the cylinder doesnt lock up. LOL Like I said I should have just stuck with Ol' faithful

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I know what you mean. I don't own an XD, but am kind of going through the same thing with a Glock 19 right now. I'm actually carrying it as I type which is something I did not plan on doing when I bought it. I like CZs for 9mm, Glocks for .40/10mm and 1911s for .45. I love a pistol that's been machined out of a block of steel, yet this damn G19 has been calling me ever since I bought it. By every measure except weight, the CZ is a better pistol. It's more accurate, more reliable and easier to shoot. That is, it was easier to shoot until I took both to the range today. The CZ has 3 dot night sights and the Glock has a fresh set of XS Big Dots. I normally wear contacts and shoot the CZ well with them, but I was wearing the bifocals today and could not see that front sight (quite literally) to save my life if I had to. I could easily ring steel with the Big Dots on the Glock but was putting 60% of the CZ rounds into the mud behind the steel. So, I'm carrying the Glock tonight because even my G23 has 3 dot sights and I can't see them much better than I can the CZs.

I just feel a bit dirty right now. I need to get a set of Big Dots on my CZ fast before I learn to like this thing. I feel like I'm cheating.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I had a similar "post recall stress disorder" with my XD-s. When I sent it in, I started giving my G23 more time and attention... I began carrying it after I sent in the XD-s, took a little more time shining it up after range trips, and now it feels just right IWB. I'm with you!

Top Bottom