• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dodgetoyz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    I have an older 30-30 that was passed down to me that has a lot of sentimental value to me. Over the years it is starting to show some wear. I am wondering if anyone has any idea what it would cost to restore, or if it makes more sense to hang it up and by a new one. It still works, but the lever is sloppy and needs reblued at a minimum. :dunno:

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    I have an older 30-30 that was passed down to me that has a lot of sentimental value to me. Over the years it is starting to show some wear. I am wondering if anyone has any idea what it would cost to restore, or if it makes more sense to hang it up and by a new one. It still works, but the lever is sloppy and needs reblued at a minimum. :dunno:

Well, if it's worth anything at all based on age and condition, it won't be after you reblue it - that's for sure. No idea what a full on restore would cost you - i personally don't put a whole lot of rounds through my "sentimental" pieces. There are plenty of 30/30 LA's out there to abuse - no need to trash a sentimental piece.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    Well, if it's worth anything at all based on age and condition, it won't be after you reblue it - that's for sure. No idea what a full on restore would cost you - i personally don't put a whole lot of rounds through my "sentimental" pieces. There are plenty of 30/30 LA's out there to abuse - no need to trash a sentimental piece.

I agree with the above. I have a Remington rolling block No4 that belonged to my great grandfather, grandfather, father and now me. It is rough but I would NEVER restore/reblue it for "sentimental" reasons. I say don't do it!! Just my
    :twocents:

stockmaker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2012
    The old 94s are slow rust blue. That's a pretty expensive job. I have hot blued some at the customers request, would never recommend it tho. Leave it alone unless something has to be done to preserve it. In that case its probably to far gone anyway.

Top Bottom