• ...and so much more!
  • 4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    ACORN To Get $$$ MONEY From Obama Stimulus Plan

Remember ACORN? They were the group that President-elect Obama used to work with. During the presidential campaign their fraudulent voter registration drives were news almost every day. ACORN was famous for registering dead people, the same people in multiple counties, and even giving Mickey Mouse the right to vote.

The Democrats are rewarding ACORN for their fine Illegal work by throwing some cash their way in the Obama stimulus plan:

Looks like the infamous ACORN (Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now) that was caught up in voter fraud in 2008 will be in the running to get some funding (pages 72-73 of the report.) The bill provides for $10 million for the SHOP program. The funding will provide competively awarded grants to national and regional nonprofit housing organizations to develop or rehabilitate low-income housing.

There is plenty of more funding that will no doubt find its way to ACORN coffers like the $1 billion for Community Development Block Grants or the $4.1 billion for the Neighborhood Stabilization Program. Source Swine Line
    ACORN is working hard for their money, this "non-partisan" organization is already campaigning for the stimulus:
    For three weeks now ACORN members have been aggressively pursuing a campaign to pass a bold, progressive Economic Recovery package in the new Congress. Working closely with allies like US Action, AFSCME, and the larger Americans United for Change coalition, ACORN members are taking a major role in building the coalition to pass this recovery package, and to create the context for it to be both stronger and more directly responsive to the situation facing working families across this country.

Because of reality facing America's low- and moderate-income communities, ACORN members and their neighborhoods function as the canaries in our nation's economic coal mine. In many cases, our members are experiencing severe economic dislocation, but, despite their personal hardship, they are organizing for a progressive response to the worsening economic situation facing the entire United States.

Back on December 18, ACORN offices around the country helped launch the new Campaign for Jobs and Economic Recovery Now (CJERN). These 18 late-December events were all coalition events, featuring a cross-section of speakers from the community organization, human services, environmental, labor, and elected-official sectors - we were proud, for example, to be joined by the mayors of St. Louis and Oakland on the 18th. Source: Huffington Post.
    Isn't it great the way the Democrats works hand in hand with ACORN an organization that is doing its best to destroy the electoral process with bogus voting? WHERE IS THE REPUBLICAN PARTY? Why arent they speaking out?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    WHERE IS THE REPUBLICAN PARTY? Why arent they speaking out?
    They are lost in the woods. GOP leaders like Richard Lugar are a good part of the reason that the GOP is no longer a party with principles.

IF the GOP can't move itself back to the right, and actually take a stand on issues again, then the party will, by necessity, split. Libertarian and principled members of the GOP will remain the standard bearers of the real conservative movement. The main body of the GOP, under folks like Chafee and Lugar will simply melt into the Democratic party where they belong.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    They are lost in the woods. GOP leaders like Richard Lugar are a good part of the reason that the GOP is no longer a party with principles.

IF the GOP can't move itself back to the right, and actually take a stand on issues again, then the party will, by necessity, split. Libertarian and principled members of the GOP will remain the standard bearers of the real conservative movement. The main body of the GOP, under folks like Chafee and Lugar will simply melt into the Democratic party where they belong.

Well said my friend. I'm a conservative myself, and I would like to see a revolution within the GOP and bring back the Reagan-era conservative movement that this country sorely needs.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Part of the problem is that the GOP does not have a national leader right now. They need someone from the STATES (governor type) that has not been 'washingtonized' to lead them. In addition they need some young blood. I recall hearing on one of the talk shows during the campaign that there is a young republican rep from the soth age 28 I think (handsome young kid) was what the talk show host said (jr. rep i think) that if he was running he would have plastered all over the place as the new rep party.

The reps lost the young vote not becuase BO took it but becuase they just did not bring them into the fold. I'm getting off the soap box now have other things to do & this is just raiseing my blood preassure..

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    Hey, if it had been close they may have stolen enough votes to put him over the top. You gotta pay the help when you get done, you might need them next time.

Top Bottom