• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fatmatt1981

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2011
    North Vernon
    I haven't bought a new gun for a long time, finally got the green light from the wife(and the money) to buy one.
    I haven't been into a gun shop for years either....several of the last shops I've been to were manned by "snobs" for some reason, even one shop I've spent several thousand dollars in. It really upsets me when the guy gives you the rolling of the eye/sigh when you ask to look at something under the glass...especially after being a frequent customer.
    That being said, this forum just happened to come up when I did a search for Acme sports in Seymour, and had good reviews.
    I stopped in today after being really anxious about buying something I've wanted for many years now.
    To make a long story short....walked into the kinda small, but clean store....browsed a couple minutes and looked at various prices etc. (which were really good IMHO)....found what I wanted a Glock 19...."can I help you?" a really young guy asked....."I want to buy that one"
    Paper work filled out..call was made.....the sales ticket and a handshake....out the door! In and out in 15minutes.
    I didn't catch the guy's name but the handshake was appreciated...he was probably in his early 20s at the most...had a big belt buckle.
    I told him "I'll be back" as I was leaving....:yesway:

figley

Expert
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    SW Indy
    he'll probably PM you another thanks when he sees this.

the guys at ACME really set a standard to which other shops should strive

fatmatt1981

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2011
    North Vernon
    A real friendly salesperson....a pretty skinny guy too...
    They other salespeople seemed friendly, but didn't talk to em any.
    They seemed to have a pretty varied selection on things....I kinda had my radar set on the G19 tho.
    Maybe next time I go, I'll look around a bit more and compare things.

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    I really need to get down there, Ive dealt w/ Clint over the phone and at the 1500. Hes shipped out parts or brought them to the show for me .... thats a big +1 in my book too !!!

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I can't think of his name off hand, but he's a very nice guy. I was in there talking with him Friday, as well as to Steve and Joe. All of the guys that work there are great guys. Really can't say enough good things about Acme.

Glad you had a great experience with them too! Also, you won't be dissapointed with that G19 either. I bought one from them probably a year or so ago and it has been a great every day carry gun.

fatmatt1981

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2011
    North Vernon
    I'm pleased with it so far...I even think my wife liked it!
    I might be in the market for her something next time I go to Acme....maybe a G26?:cool:

Mr.Lubie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    +1 for Acme
    Only shop around that had H4895 in and a better price then the other local shops.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    :+1: for Acme from this long time INGOer.

Went in today looking for a stripped lower and picked up a YMH for $115.

These go for $140 at Brownells and that's before doing any FFL transfers.

They had several lowers to chose from RRA, Spikes (Jolly Rogers) and a few others with Molan Labe and Don't Tread on Me.

bgray

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    Central Indiana
    ACME

I went to ACME today and picked up an Aimpoint PRO. Price was as cheap as the cheapest I've found on the net... and they had more than one on hand. They also have many other Aimpoint and EOTech sites. By far the most I've seen in an actual shop. I was pressed for time so I didn't get a chance to really see what all they had to offer but I will definitely be back and send people their way.

dave29

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jul 8, 2009
    Lawrenceburg
    I just looked up your guys' address. Looks like you're about 62 miles from my work. I may head out there one day next week. I believe you guys are the closest Class III dealer to me. I didn't think there were any around, but that's not too bad of a drive.

buckfever34

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 16, 2009
    Jackson County, IN
    I just looked up your guys' address. Looks like you're about 62 miles from my work. I may head out there one day next week. I believe you guys are the closest Class III dealer to me. I didn't think there were any around, but that's not too bad of a drive.

Just a head's up....we will be closed this weekend due to the Indy 1500 show at the fairgrounds. Feel free to find us there to browse our Class III selection.

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    Great store, great people and great prices. I only buy from Acme any more. Even if they aren't the cheapest(they usually are the best on prices so it is extremely, extremely rare when that happens), I'd rather pay a couple extra bucks to a local group of down to earth guys like Joe, Steve, Clint and Curtis.

Top Bottom