• ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Park it where it can not be seen. If necessary, cover it with a tarp, or get a couple of those wood fence panels from Home Depot, and lean them up around it so it is not visible from a public street or alley and you are good to go.

The neighbors will love this. :rolleyes:

The garage is full of junk and the truck will not fit in it.

I think we might be getting to the root of your problems. Explain to us why you want to keep this truck and why you think you can trick people into think the truck is "operable" by pushing it around the yard?

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I think we might be getting to the root of your problems. Explain to us why you want to keep this truck and why you think you can trick people into think the truck is "operable" by pushing it around the yard?

Why does he need to explain anything? This is little more than an extension of Kirk's grass fetish: neighbors desiring to control their neighbors. If he wants to be a packrat and it is not negatively impacting his life then why shouldn't he be one?

This is why I won't live in view of other people. Too many people who want to tell you how you should live and not all of them are the evil liberals.

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Why does he need to explain anything? This is little more than an extension of Kirk's grass fetish: neighbors desiring to control their neighbors. If he wants to be a packrat and it is not negatively impacting his life then why shouldn't he be one?

This is why I won't live in view of other people. Too many people who want to tell you how you should live and not all of them are the evil liberals.

Rules such as the abandoned vehicles, excessive clutter, are in place to prevent other problems such as rodents, stagnint (spelling?) water that is a breeding ground for mosquitoes, and soforth.

Not saying OP has these kind of problems, just saying why these rules are in place. Other than its just common courtesy to not have a ton of stuff scattered, including cars covered with tarps, or surrounded with random fence panels.

Dont like the rules of town, move out of the town, thats my opinion..

Waveraider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Car cover should take care of this, or in this situation, a truck cover. Make sure it's pulled down over the license plate. Otherwise, like someone said before, scrap it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

You betcha.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Rules such as the abandoned vehicles, excessive clutter, are in place to prevent other problems such as rodents, stagnint (spelling?) water that is a breeding ground for mosquitoes, and soforth.

Not saying OP has these kind of problems, just saying why these rules are in place. Other than its just common courtesy to not have a ton of stuff scattered, including cars covered with tarps, or surrounded with random fence panels.

Dont like the rules of town, move out of the town, thats my opinion..

Apparently he doesn't live in town.

Isn't "for the common good" a form of communism?

Common courtesy at the point of a gun is not courtesy. Social pressure to adhere to social standards is one thing. Using force to require it of everyone is tyranny. While one can use the reductio ad absurdum argument for extreme examples of "what if someone decided to breed free-range rats," it also works the other way as if one group decides that 2" grass height is too high and all lawns must be raked pea gravel with little Japanese gardens.

My opinion is if you have a neighbor who doesn't adhere to your particular form of aesthetics, buy them out or move.

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Wish Plainfield would adopt this ordinance, fricken ridiculous my a-hole neighbors, half of whom I think are illegals have a POS in their drive, it's had a flat tire for 6 months and weeds growing through the cracks in the concrete that are a foot tall. Dispatch seems to think it has to be on the street for them to do anything and the closest I found is a memorandum eluding to the fact that if I can provide proof it doesn't move I can sign an affidavit. I take. Picture every Friday.

Top Bottom