• Status
    Not open for further replies.

bullfrog4ever

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    AKA: IN_Sheeppuppy
    I had alot of fun meeting many members this past weekend. Its nice to put a face to the screen name. Although, I do think we all need name tags, I for one, had trouble remembering who was who.(I'm really bad with names) Or an introduction time, calling a ceasefire for lunch, that way newer memebers can be introduced to everyone. Just a thought.

Other than that, it was really cool. I really enjoyed Goober's .22 for the scoped rifle competition, its a nice rifle. Thanks!

I shot my old ruger 10/22 for the iron sight rifle competition with approx 30yr old remington ammo and it shot really well for being that old. Unfortunatley, my eyes and my rifle skills need a bit of work. I'm getting rusty.

Can't wait to go to another, but probably wont be able to make it til June. Since the next one is on my IDPA day.

Thanks to Jedi and everyone else who put this together! It's definatley worth attending.:ingo::patriot:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    If he can't handle the lack-of-recoil from a 9mm 1911 EMP pistols then maybe Jedi needs to try one of my Detonics in .451 Detonics Magnum :roll eyes:

FWIW, he didn't like my Para Warthog in 45 either.

But you know I'm at odds with that one. Back in Summer of 2006 I went an open house that the IL range in Kankakee, (??sp??) IL had. At that range I was able to fire a Para Warthog and I really liked it. I did not think that it had any recoil at all and I liked that it held more than the std. 1911. I was actually going to get that as my carry gun. But when I took the course at Deb's they did not have one and I ended up falling in :wwub: with the 1911.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    It has occured before! I think it was lonehoosier or perhaps Bill B that was shooting from the 10 yard on the 25 yard and someone started shootig rifle from the benches!!! THIS OCCURED DURING A NON MEET & SHOOT EVENT!

Thus why "my heart in my mouth" comment as we moved the line forward.
    -Jedi

You know me, ready to rain on anyone's fun parade with safety issues. However, I never once felt unsafe with the line being moved forward. It was handled very well and I didn't see a single person messing with a firearm while persons were downrange. I know, at least once, I stepped forward of the firing line with my back to the targets so I could monitor the line while people were downrange setting targets. I noticed Melensdad doing the same the rest of the times. It was handled very well.

I aim to please you know. Perhaps "recoil" is not the term to use but it was very snappy. Plus it did lack PINK so why would you even thing I would like it. :rolleyes: Plus it's from SJ, come on that is like 3 strikes right there.

If he can't handle the lack-of-recoil from a 9mm 1911 EMP pistols then maybe Jedi needs to try one of my Detonics in .451 Detonics Magnum :roll eyes:

FWIW, he didn't like my Para Warthog in 45 either.

I will clarify my comment now that I remember what you said ... You did comment on the recoil but it was the aggressive checkering that you did not like.

This was a custom order for my wife. Since the intended use is for defensive purposes, we requested a very aggressive 25 LPI checkering as opposed to 30 LPI. You definitely feel the bite but you will not lose your grip with rain or blood on your hands.

Perhaps you should try a stock EMP with a smooth front strap and smooth trigger guard underside?

But you know I'm at odds with that one. Back in Summer of 2006 I went an open house that the IL range in Kankakee, (??sp??) IL had. At that range I was able to fire a Para Warthog and I really liked it. I did not think that it had any recoil at all and I liked that it held more than the std. 1911.

Really? We might have rubbed elbows that day. :wwub:

I was there that year for their Open House and my wife also tried the Para Warthog. She couldn't get it to fire more than one round without jamming. Looking back and knowing what I know now, she was probably limp-wristing it ... something that short barrel 1911's don't tolerate very well. Either that or the little Warthog didn't feel very well after being fondled by one of you people.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    . . . I was able to fire a Para Warthog and I really liked it. I did not think that it had any recoil at all and I liked that it held more than the std. 1911. I was actually going to get that as my carry gun. But when I took the course at Deb's they did not have one and I ended up falling in :wwub: with the 1911.
    . . . my wife also tried the Para Warthog. She couldn't get it to fire more than one round without jamming. Looking back and knowing what I know now, she was probably limp-wristing it ... something that short barrel 1911's don't tolerate very well. Either that or the little Warthog didn't feel very well after being fondled by one of you people.
    FWIW, I've found that the Para Warthog is particularly sensitive to limp wristing. I've never had mine fail while in my hands ever. I bought it cheap because the guy who sold it to me said it was totally unreliable. I've also lent it to others who, standing next to me on the shooting line, have had multiple failures. Taken it back, fired off the remainder of the magazine flawlessly . . . handed it back to them only to have it fail in their hands again.

I've literally put thousands of rounds through that same gun and never had any failure.

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    FWIW, I've found that the Para Warthog is particularly sensitive to limp wristing. I've never had mine fail while in my hands ever. I bought it cheap because the guy who sold it to me said it was totally unreliable. I've also lent it to others who, standing next to me on the shooting line, have had multiple failures. Taken it back, fired off the remainder of the magazine flawlessly . . . handed it back to them only to have it fail in their hands again.

I've literally put thousands of rounds through that same gun and never had any failure.

After only having been married for 4 years, I can say that my wrists have grown significantly stronger than in my 20s; almost on par with my early teenage years. After 27 years of marriage, I imagine you're working with coiled steel.

That was bad.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009

Confirms what I suspected.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Confirms what I suspected.
    I think that its common with the 3" guns. The gun isn't really the problem, its the shooter.

I also think the Detonics guns are more reliable in the hands of many more shooters because they have altered the grip angle slightly to change the way you hold the gun, they also have a slightly longer barrel/slide and changed the slide timing. It seems to be a more forgiving gun in more hands than many of the small 1911s.

But again, I'm a firm believer that the small 1911s are actually reliable and its the shooter that is typically the problem.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I had alot of fun meeting many members this past weekend. Its nice to put a face to the screen name. Although, I do think we all need name tags, I for one, had trouble remembering who was who.(I'm really bad with names) Or an introduction time, calling a ceasefire for lunch, that way newer memebers can be introduced to everyone. Just a thought.

Other than that, it was really cool. I really enjoyed Goober's .22 for the scoped rifle competition, its a nice rifle. Thanks!

I shot my old ruger 10/22 for the iron sight rifle competition with approx 30yr old remington ammo and it shot really well for being that old. Unfortunatley, my eyes and my rifle skills need a bit of work. I'm getting rusty.

Can't wait to go to another, but probably wont be able to make it til June. Since the next one is on my IDPA day.

Thanks to Jedi and everyone else who put this together! It's definatley worth attending.:ingo::patriot:

Did you ever get around to shooting the Shield? I set aside a magazine for you but I'm not sure you were able to shoot it.

Goober135

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Valparaiso
    I really enjoyed Goober's .22 for the scoped rifle competition, its a nice rifle. Thanks!

You're very welcome and I'm glad you had fun shooting my Savage MKII! She can shoot better than most of the people pulling the trigger! :rockwoot: Too bad some people *ahem JEDI* thinks it's a cheater gun! :rolleyes: :):

I still can't believe that ammo worked remotely that well! :eek: Thanks for competing and I'm glad you enjoyed everything! :D

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    I also think the Detonics guns are more reliable in the hands of many more shooters because they have altered the grip angle slightly to change the way you hold the gun,

But again, I'm a firm believer that the small 1911s are actually reliable and its the shooter that is typically the problem.

Those Detonics don't have different grips. You know you can't tell just by holding the pistols side by side with another 1911 and comparing them, then attempting to use magazines interchangeably.

I agree with the statement about smaller 1911s. The larger guns require less effort from the shooter. They are heavier, recoil is not such a distraction, and the long travel of the slide can make up for lack of effort from the shooter. With the smaller guns, there is less travel, substantially more recoil demanding greater focus from the shooter, and with shorter slide travel, the base must be more secure to provide adequate resistance.

I am sure that there are more appropriate engineering or physics terms for what I am saying, but I was a poor physics student.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Those Detonics don't have different grips. You know you can't tell just by holding the pistols side by side with another 1911 and comparing them, then attempting to use magazines interchangeably.

I agree with the statement about smaller 1911s. The larger guns require less effort from the shooter. They are heavier, recoil is not such a distraction, and the long travel of the slide can make up for lack of effort from the shooter. With the smaller guns, there is less travel, substantially more recoil demanding greater focus from the shooter, and with shorter slide travel, the base must be more secure to provide adequate resistance.

I am sure that there are more appropriate engineering or physics terms for what I am saying, but I was a poor physics student.

You almost forgot to use purple when you wrote that first paragraph. :rolleyes:

As for your observation about the larger guns, I'm in total agreement with you.

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    You almost forgot to use purple when you wrote that first paragraph. :rolleyes:

As for your observation about the larger guns, I'm in total agreement with you.

I'm not used to the color. I figured the humor was implied (you know, what with tone of voice and inflection so clearly demonstrated via text).

I did go back and edit for color. Like Ted Turner...

bullfrog4ever

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    AKA: IN_Sheeppuppy
    You're very welcome and I'm glad you had fun shooting my Savage MKII! She can shoot better than most of the people pulling the trigger! :rockwoot: Too bad some people *ahem JEDI* thinks it's a cheater gun! :rolleyes: :):

I still can't believe that ammo worked remotely that well! :eek: Thanks for competing and I'm glad you enjoyed everything! :D

I wouldn't call it a cheater gun! I definately need an optic like that to put on my mosin though to use in the next scoped challenge :rockwoot:.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Do we have any more AARs or PICs or VIDEOS?
    Everyone give their :twocents: about the event.

Anything you would like to see in the future?
    Anything you did not like?
    Was the rifle competition ok? Too Long?
    Should it be split into 2, iron sights & scopes?

Complaints about food?
    Stuff missed?

-Jedi

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    A nice NY Strip would be good.;)

I say just split the rifle competitions, with each person picking one. Give a prize to the winner of each.

If you keep one overall rifle competition, maybe have an overall competition winner. Adding Handgun and Rifle together.

All in all, the meet was a great time.

I still want to have a competition with that mini-22:draw:

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Do we have any more AARs or PICs or VIDEOS?
    Everyone give their :twocents: about the event.

Anything you would like to see in the future?
    Anything you did not like?
    Was the rifle competition ok? Too Long?
    Should it be split into 2, iron sights & scopes?

Complaints about food?
    Stuff missed?

-Jedi

Everything was fine, except for some little brown guy bossing everyone around!!!:draw:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom