Not open for further replies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Well, it does sting a little. Can't be the weapon, they used the same one. Must be Jordan is better......
    Ouch.
    :)

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    We all had a great time, repeter1977 and actaeon277 thanks for letting the wife and i try those rifles, Amy was thrilled!
    Tell you dad it was great meeting him!
    Didnt get to meet everyone but we will get to more of these so in the future i will.

Next time, you have to try some of the others. We didn't shoot half of what I brought. I had too much fun meeting everyone.
    Did make it easier to clean at the end of the day though.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Oh, and did I mention that Jordan took first using BOTH of my rifles? :):

Hum... Goober wins the pistol comp with his handgun, and his rifles win the rifle comp? Hum... those gus are "loaded"! SECURITY!!! SECURITY!!!! Kick this guy out. He has loaded guns.

:rofl: get the pun? As in loaded dice?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Hum... Goober wins the pistol comp with his handgun, and his rifles win the rifle comp? Hum... those gus are "loaded"! SECURITY!!! SECURITY!!!! Kick this guy out. He has loaded guns.

:rofl: get the pun? As in loaded dice?

Jedi, you know, if you have to point it out, it can't be that funny.
    :dunno:

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Next time, you have to try some of the others. We didn't shoot half of what I brought. I had too much fun meeting everyone.
    Did make it easier to clean at the end of the day though.

What is this cleaning you speak of? I don't think Glocks and ARs need that....

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Beretta's don't need no stinking cleaning either....

I wish I could have made it out to this one but the room was just a spinning, and I'm sure you guys didn't want it...

I might have to try that competition thingy next time out, maybe....

It looks like you guys had a blast as always, missed the mods... sooo next month I'll have to bring a couple of the girls with, cool...

Jedi, congrats on another great event...

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    I really liked pushing out to the 10 yrd line. Shooting pistols randomly at 25 yards is pointless IMHO.

I didn't really feel unsafe. You'd have to be a monumental idiot to try and shoot a rifle from 25 yrds while there's 10/20 people down range. ... ... :D

But perhaps we could work out a way of making sure EVERYONE knows even though there's a ton of people down range.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I didn't really feel unsafe. You'd have to be a monumental idiot to try and shoot a rifle from 25 yrds while there's 10/20 people down range. ... ... :D

But perhaps we could work out a way of making sure EVERYONE knows even though there's a ton of people down range.
    I spent a good deal of time standing in front of the shooting benches while people were down range to make sure that nobody would shoot at the shooters!

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    NapalmFTW, "25 yards is pointless" I need to get you out to the range more often...

That MKII 22 of mine I shoot regularly at 100 yards and the Smith 686 6 inch is great at the 200 yard line, unsupported... Look up IHMSA sometime.... The local range is on 39 just a mile or so from the Winamac range we shoot at... You need to go out and take a look at those guys competing once a month over there and you will realize your full potential for your pistol shooting experience...

KLB, We should all treaat our firearms with respect... but I've had my Beretta out in the mud on a 4 day outing with rain and cold most of the time we were out living out of our packs and it went bang everytime I used it... It wasn't sub-zero out though, I noticed most semi autos have issues with sub zero temps... but dirt and mud, notta...

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County

Posting an RO to watch the rifle area has been suggested. Also, if someone has some caution tape, a strand of that could be strung all around the shooting platform as a visual reminder.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

It has occured before! I think it was lonehoosier or perhaps Bill B that was shooting from the 10 yard on the 25 yard and someone started shootig rifle from the benches!!! THIS OCCURED DURING A NON MEET & SHOOT EVENT!

Thus why "my heart in my mouth" comment as we moved the line forward.
    -Jedi

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Posting an RO to watch the rifle area has been suggested. Also, if someone has some caution tape, a strand of that could be strung all around the shooting platform as a visual reminder.

Oh now that is a good idea!!! I think we can find some and do that.

Last edited by a moderator:

seeker1321

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Elkhart
    I had a great time, and I enjoyed the time with the range moved up, it's nice to see where your hitting on the target without having to use a scope.

Thanks to everyone that let me try their guns. I got to add 8 guns to my list of guns I have got to fire. That just right 9mm carbine made me smile as well. That was my cellphone in the picture with the tiny .22, that gun was a blast to shoot, I never knew a .22lr was capable of having kick, it just takes a tiny gun. Also thanks to Floater for letting me use a few rounds of his .303 ammo for his Lee Enfield, after looking at four different stores trying to find ammo for it I know it can be hard to come by.

Food was excellent thanks to all those that brought and helped prepare it.

I did notice that having three competitions seemed to take a while, so those that weren't competing tended to stand around waiting to be able to shoot again. I like the idea of having two rifle competitions, but I wonder if we did the pistol competition and rifle iron sites on 25 yard range, and then moved the scoped half of the rifle competition over to the 50 yard range if that would help with timing.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    It has occured before! I think it was lonehoosier or perhaps Bill B that was shooting from the 10 yard on the 25 yard and someone started shootig rifle from the benches!!! THIS OCCURED DURING A NON MEET & SHOOT EVENT!

Thus why "my heart in my mouth" comment as we moved the line forward.
    -Jedi
    The difference being we had tables on every lane Saturday.

Probably wouldn't hurt to be EXTRA cautious though. You never know about people.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom