Not open for further replies.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Pfft. I'm from Detroit. You're all backwards Southerners to me. :D
    I'm actually from the real Michigan, not some Destroit wanna be michigander. :):
    Living so close to the Peoples Democratric Republic of Corruption (Illynoyze) makes me itchy, and having become "you people" has really ruined me:(
    Jedi: Keep the sauce, I didn't even know that "she who must be obeyed" packed it.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I'm actually from the real Michigan, not some Destroit wanna be michigander. :):
    Living so close to the Peoples Democratric Republic of Corruption (Illynoyze) makes me itchy, and having become "you people" has really ruined me:(
    Jedi: Keep the sauce, I didn't even know that "she who must be obeyed" packed it.

I'm sure it was packed for your bacon wrapped in bacon with bacon sauce on top.. Ok, that's a summary(or at least how I remember it) of how Jedi was explaining it to Scutter and me but that's just silly. Who would dip their bacon in bbq sauce??? :) Dipping it in syrup is a different story. :D

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I'm sure it was packed for your bacon wrapped in bacon with bacon sauce on top.. Ok, that's a summary(or at least how I remember it) of how Jedi was explaining it to Scutter and me but that's just silly. Who would dip their bacon in bbq sauce??? :) Dipping it in syrup is a different story. :D
    Oh bacon in syrup! Yummy!:rockwoot:

There was sausage with that bacon though, and the BBQ was good with that.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    My AAR

Well I got some good sleep last night and have had some time to reflect on yesterday's wonderful event.

For those who've never attended one of the NWI Meet & Greets, I attempted to capture the atmosphere of the event on camera. If you live up in "the region" I would strongly suggest you get with this fine group of INGOers to shoot some guns and eat some food.

After hearing that lovemywoods was going to make the trek up north, I was thankfully able to move my schedule around to also attend. Even better was when Scutter01 and spasmo said they would be joining us. lovemywoods left Brown County VERY early, drove an hour to pick me up, then drove another 45 minutes to pick up the swag from Fenway, then another 15 minutes to pick up Scutter/spas, and then onward another 2.5 hours to Winamac.

We arrived at about 11am. We were first greeted by aclark, who made us feel welcomed. We quickly met jedi and several other new faces before borrowing jedi's cute pink cart and hauling the INGO swag and our gear to the range.

c77494ea.jpg

The Winamac range is a very nice facility. With several separated ranges and a paved parking lot, it was one of the cleanest public ranges I've been to. For this event, everyone was gathered at the 25 yard range.

cb337f9f.jpg

42d62757.jpg

ad30ce54.jpg

With a crowd of eager INGOers waiting patiently for their swag, we put up the INGO booth as quickly as possible. (ok, so by the time I took the pic only t_star was there. :laugh:)

c4193259.jpg

Although I initially thought we had run out of INGO mugs, we had 2 in the tubs. They went super quick, with magic man and (?) grabbing them. As for the rest of the swag, we were somewhat limited due to this being the end of our ordering cycle. But that didn't stop folks from getting their hands on hats, patches, and stickers.

After the initial rush I was able to get out from the booth and check out the range a little bit. I think people brought every gun they own! Thankfully lonehoosier had built some very nice rifle stands to help keep things organized.

7ed75908.jpg

90957edf.jpg

e0caee7a.jpg

Throughout the day folks had a great time shooting all kinds of guns.

d25373e4.jpg

aa308418.jpg

cc4f1d20.jpg

2f64b94f.jpg

187818e6.jpg

f2b5f3b5.jpg

dc0b9690.jpg

a31bcc8f.jpg

1057de62.jpg

de8f7405.jpg

320b932d.jpg

f3404600.jpg

d1f0074a.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twNTpP47MnA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0SK1SZk-3c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAIDUiUhPy8

And of course, what Meet & Greet would be complete without FOOD! But this wasn't your average "pitch in". These guys do it up right by grilling on-site! Brats, hot dogs, hamburgers, BACON, peppers, mushrooms, BACON!

75ea9b9f.jpg

97639572.jpg

a8ad97a9.jpg

e0c53b89.jpg

f5f71885.jpg

2b9ae938.jpg

1d74fde4.jpg

After lunch everyone was treated to some friendly pistol and rifle competitions, designed and organized by jedi and Goober135.

9c3d0d46.jpg

9ca5002e.jpg

89e26f6c.jpg

c69c72f8.jpg

Proof that we were close to Chicago. :D

2f20b678.jpg

Toward the end of the day the winners of each contest were announced and given prizes. So were the losers. :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYz56KziypA

56a8ab75.jpg

d919dcb3.jpg

To give readers a real sense of the day, here's a short video walk-thru of the range.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqDuKDBCW3E

We met so many great people!

2b79369c.jpg

36c93f4e.jpg

fa5f9563.jpg

4aa50711.jpg

9992c806.jpg

87a03f08.jpg

a06dccdf.jpg

da49dce6.jpg

jedi, thank you for all of the hard work you put into organizing this monthly event. The INGO Staff really appreciates the sense of community that you impart to the northwest Indiana region. Your efforts really paid off and the result was a fun time on a safe range.

magic man, nipprdog, aclark, and all those I talked to about electronic earpro, keep an eye on the Accessories and Gear forum for my comparison review, coming in the next couple of weeks.

melensdad, thanks for the overview of Detonics pistols, and for keeping a safe eye on the firing line.

LadyGhost (and GoW ;)), thank you for your hospitality and helping us keep the INGO tent grounded. And I know spasmo appreciated the warm gloves.

nipprdog, thanks for sharing your assortment of mix-n-match firearms. My head is still screwed up from sticking an AR magazine into a Remington 870 action. :D

lonehoosier, you're welcome to come south and run a grill here anytime. :yesway:

darkkevin and t_star, have fun at next month's baseball game. :rockwoot:

Merrixs, thanks for showing me your originally designed brass catcher. Perhaps we'll see you and your Mom down here for an Appleseed this summer.

To everyone else who helped make yesterday possible, thank you for your work and your hospitality. I look forward to heading back north again sometime later this year and joining you again! :ingo:

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Not sure if many of you caught this. I was talking to Scutter at the INGO tent, and he was loading a LONG 9mm mag. We walked down to the firing line, and I was expecting him to pick up a rifle. Instead, he put it in an XD compact and emptied it flawlessly;

DSCN3556w.jpg

Don't know what brand mag it was, but I'm sure Scutter would tell you XD owners. :ingo:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008

That's a great picture! I wonder who that guy is with that awesome suppressed 10/22? :D

Not sure if many of you caught this. I was talking to Scutter at the INGO tent, and he was loading a LONG 9mm mag. We walked down to the firing line, and I was expecting him to pick up a rifle. Instead, he put it in an XD compact and emptied it flawlessly;

DSCN3556w.jpg

Don't know what brand mag it was, but I'm sure Scutter would tell you XD owners. :ingo:

That's a no-brander 33-round mag in my Springfield XD9c. I have no idea where I got it, but it's always run flawlessly. There's something very satisfying about blowing through 33 rounds from a sub-compact. :):

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    Also I ended up with a few extra times.

- 3 white dish rags (just washed them). GoW I think you brought these. Are these for the "community stuff"? They came in handy to wipe down stuff and when grilling.

- The end cap for a scope. It's actually 2 end caps with a string attaching to them. The Brand starts with the Letter N? How does this belong to?
    :dunno:

- A camping roll up table which belonged to GoW. =)

Yes the white towels were for the community stuff. As for th table, no we don't need it before the next shoot. If something comes up I'll let you know. I mean I go to your old stomping grounds every day for work....

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    That's a great picture! I wonder who that guy is with that awesome suppressed 10/22? :D

That's a no-brander 33-round mag in my Springfield XD9c. I have no idea where I got it, but it's always run flawlessly. There's something very satisfying about blowing through 33 rounds from a sub-compact. :):
    Nice. I have a 25rd mag for my Beretta 92fs. Still not enough some times.;)

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Had another great time at the M&S. I got there about 07:15 to have some alone time. *It was short because Jedi showed up early to but he made up for it by getting out his AK. I only wonted to shoot 10 rounds but I could not stop to the mag was empty. First time shooting a AK and I think I liked it better then a AR. *Have a few thanks to give out too. *Jedi for putting in the time to put this on. I pretty sure it would not have continued to be a great event. *Thanks for helping sighting in my .22lr. *Thanks to Ghostofwinter and Lady ghost for loaning me there electronic ear muffs. I will be getting a par soon. Thanks to the MODS for making the drive up here. It was really nice to talk to Lovemywoods about INGO and the M&S. *Thanks for the ideals. *Hope to see you again and also a big big thanks to Nipprdog for bring that Just Right AR carbine in 9mm. That thing was great. I am sure you could tell by the big smile on my face. I bit I put a hundred rounds throw it. Oh the wife defiantly know all about it. That picture you took is all over the house and are my screen savers. I have lost 42 pounds and I have got 30 more to go. When I get to my goal that is what I am getting. *We did a pretty good job on the bacon. I brought 4 pounds and we cooked 3 of it. Tstar those brats were great. Those were better then the ones I make and that is hard for me to admit that. I am sorry that I added some bacon juice to warm up the brats. I won't do that next time. It was nice to put some more faces with the screen names. I can't wait for May 20th to come for the next M&S.*

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Forgot but here goes.

1) Thank you LadyGhost for being a "nurse" and giving me a purple aid-aid for the cut I got on my finger. Man it was bleeding a lot.

2) How did "you members" like having the entire line moved up to the 7-10 yard range to use the pistols on the targets for a while. My heart was in my throat most of the time as we had the majority of you up on the "temp line" while all the long guns were on the racks back at the 25 yard.

Did you guys like it? Should we do it again?

-Jedi

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Forgot but here goes.

1) Thank you LadyGhost for being a "nurse" and giving me a purple aid-aid for the cut I got on my finger. Man it was bleeding a lot.

2) How did "you members" like having the entire line moved up to the 7-10 yard range to use the pistols on the targets for a while. My heart was in my throat most of the time as we had the majority of you up on the "temp line" while all the long guns were on the racks back at the 25 yard.

-Jedi

As long as no one is touching the rifles, should be ok. Maybe someone can act as a safety officer temporarily.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Forgot but here goes.

-Jedi
    I thought it was great. Yes we should do it again.:draw:

the only Qualk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Valpo
    I agree it was fun to move the line up as long as we control the range and as stated keep people off the rifles.
    Also just to put name to face I am the bearded guy in the red sweatshirt. Had a great time and hopefully I can attend the next meet.

Goober135

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Valparaiso
    Congratulations to all the rifle competition winners!

Jordan B took first place and won $10 cash! :rockwoot:
    Nipprdog took second and won a $5 gas card! :D
    Lovemywoods took third and won $2 cash! (Was supposed to be a $2 bill, which I forgot) ;)

Oh, and did I mention that Jordan took first using BOTH of my rifles? :):

Great time everyone! Can't wait till next month! :ingo:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom