Not open for further replies.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Bummed to miss it this time, but the nephew is only little for a short time.

Good for you and DK. ;) For the last year, I've been teaching my 12 yr old grandnephew about fishing and shooting. His dad is a good guy, but they are so rapped up in sports(softball and baseball), his kids don't get exposed to much else.

I guess that's where I come in. He's only shot .22 so far. When he proves that he is good(safe) with other calibers, I'll bring him to Winimac.

:D

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Jedi's After Action Report

--FINANCIAL UPDATE--
    Pre-Event Pot: $99.25
    Expenses: $0.00
    Donations: $85 (Sorry but ya are going to have to speak up as I was not able to take names today - The heat did me in)
    Post-Event Pot: $184.25
    ---

--DNR RO TALK--
    Mr. Kraft accepted a diet Dr. Pepper (he likes Diet pop) and said it was hot! :D Said thank you once again for the plywood and post. Said the post will last him a while but not all season and that with the nice days the plywood is getting eaten up fast this past month. He said when it's too hot (like today) he does not get many people so the boards last longer. :)
    ---

---THE RANGE---
    We were able to donate wooden post thanks to mrobnoxious1 and 9 sheets of plywood. I think 3 were donated by actaeon277 & repeter1977 and then 6 by black label. The reason we have no expenses this month is because black label did not allow me to reimbursement him for the plywood. So a VERY BIG thank you to our donors.

Next month I plan on bring the mini-van as we have a new stencil that I want to try on the plywood and since we know have close to $200 it's time we bring some brooms + dustpans + plywood. The RO shed was running very low on plywood this month. Our donation I'm sure helps.
    ---

--FOOD UPDATE--
    We have

• 7 bags of unopened chips,
    • case of bottle water
    • 2 pack of cookies,
    • 1 box of Ho-Hos
    • 1 box of cupcakes
    • salt & pepper,
    • 24 hot dog buns (that can make it till next month)
    • 8 burger buns (that can make it till next month)
    • BBQ sauce x 2
    • 3 packs of cheese (American, Pepper Jack, and Swiss)

Thank you to everyone that donated food this month! I finally did not have to bring back cans of pop cause actaeon277 took it all home since he will come next time and he was the one that brought all those cans anyways.

We had hot dogs, brauts, burgers, and beef and pork bacon. :drool:

There was also some "high class" Ho-Hoe, Twinkies, cookies, fresh onions, tomatoes, lettuce for the burgers, cheese, chips, pop, water and water and water!

A special thank you to LadyGhost for manning 2 grills! Also 3steps thank you for making your BBQ bacon cheeseburgers for us as well. Those things are :drool:. Especially with all the sides (onions, tomatoes, lettuce) you brought for them. We got some high class burgers now a days!

Thank you to
    censored.gif
    (wishes to remain nameless) for the advise of bring just plain ice water. We had 2 5 gallon coolers with ice water and it went and went! It was very hot today and people were going thru liquids pop/water like crazy! For sure we are bring back the water for next month as well.

--NEW GUEST--
    We had several new shooters as well as 1st time INGO members as well. Plus females (gf of members that shot as well). Ilovemyjeep did you like it?
    ---

--SPECIAL EVENTS--
    We once again had 2 competitions. The pistol competition and rifle.

Pistol Results
    1st place using a HI-POINT with a score of 30 Ericwp (1st time out) :rockwoot:
    2nd place was lonehoosier.
    2nd place was actually a 3 way tie between goober, lonehoosier and ??:dunno:??. They were actually tied for 1st with 20 points each but EricWP showed up late and ask to compete figure OK since we had yet to determine 1st place and while the lads were attempted to determine 1st place, EricWP beats them with a HIGH -POINT! Now that is thug style all the way. :laugh:

The Boo-Boo Award - mrobnoxious1 hit hello kitty twice trying to hit teh smaller higher point targets. :facepalm:

And we have 3 members that hit the "cub lovers - t-star & darkkevin".

NapalmFTW hit t-star 5 times!
    Jimmy hit darkkevin 2 times!
    Lonehoosier hit darkevin 1 time (during the tie breaker session)

So that is 8 fingernails for t-star to pain on 09 JUN 2012.:rockwoot::rockwoot:

--MY DAY--
    Got to the range at around 8AM to get some alone shooting time and what do I find.

Was able to shoot the appleseed targets

Attempt 1 - 174
    Attempt 2 - 204
    Attempt 3 - 174 (done after lunch & too hot)
    Attempt 4 - 166 (done after lunch & too hot)
    Attempt 5 - 154 (done after lunch & too hot)

Was able to put another 49 rounds down my 1911 of my reloads with no issues. So I must be doing the reloading correctly.

I did get to shot a few other guns that were :rockwoot:.
    Goober gave me some painful guns to shoot this time. :) double trigger 20g shotgun, some remingtom express magnum and then a hold with 2 hands pump pistol grip shotgun. I'm in pain from the forearms and chest for all those shotguns.

Reepater had a mosim (swiss version) which was a BLAST! And some little SIG 9mm with purple on it that was nice.

I was finally able to shoot sadclowns M&P in 9mm and I'm in :wwub: The grips and recoil was nice. Wish I can try it out in .45 but either way I really think I want one. Off course, turnandshoot had to go an mess it up since I shot his 9mm CZC???? :dunno: ??? and that was beautiful as well!!!

--The Good, The Bad, & the Ugly--
    Good 1
    I was watching the public to see if anyone wanted room on the 25 since he had all of it and noticed a family come and then walk away to the 50. The little girl eventually came back to look and I pointed to one of the benches but she left. :( So I followed he over to the 50 yard and talked to her parents if they wanted to come over we would open up a lane for them. The little girl was :rockwoot:and they came over and she got to put up a Justin Bevear target and went at it with her .22 lr. We did have to provide them all (mom, dad, aunt, and kid) with hearing protection since they did not have any and we had .45 and 9mm going at the time. But the look on the little girl's face while she was shooting was priceless.

Good 2
    During the rifle competition, mrobnoxious1's daughter was telling her dad. "Come on dad, hurry up!!" as she dragged him to the line. Again another big smile on my face. This is what makes it worth doing these events and getting heat stroke and smelling like everything but human. :rockwoot:

Bad 1
    Someone took all my .45 brass out of my coffee can! The first time this happened OK it was funny (last year). The second time the funny had worn out and shame on me. Since then I have colored my can pink so that way it does not get confused with other cans that members bring. Well this time whomever it was just outright emptied my can.

What pisses me off is I spent quiet some time shooting 7 rounds via my 1911. Stopping looking for those 7 cases, putting them in the can, loading another 7, etc... Look nobody minds if you pick up brass on the floor/ground/grass. But come on man/women when the brass is in a coffee can it's NOT COOL/FUNNY to take it at that point.

Stop being an
    censored.gif
    and taking someone else's brass when they spent time looking for just a single caliber. It's no longer funny to take my brass.

Bad 2
    I don't know your name as you choose not to give it only said you do read INGO and knew we were coming. I've seen you twice but each time you have choose not to mingle with the group. If you read this please PM me but at this point I'm at a lose of how to accommodate you.

You complained that we were all on the 25 yard range. I offered to open a side of the bench for you and your party. You did not want that as you said that the noise of the AR/AKs was too much. I offered you ear plugs and again you said no. Said that you would instead go to the 50 yard since you were on the 25 the day before.

Offered you food and drinks and you did not want any. Instead you said that members should not be shooting those high end AR/AKs on the 25 yard but that we should do whatever we wanted. :dunno:

I've been thinking and thinking about this but don't have a solution that you may like. :( It appears you are local to the WINAMAC area so you visit the range multiple times a week where as most of our members can only make it once a month as they travel 50+ miles to get here. We can't move to the 50 yard (we have before) because it's just too far for when they are shooting pistols which is what they mostly shoot. Yes ARs/AKs are what you see but many members end up taking those to the other ranges to shoot as well. Heck we had a .50 cal today that sat on the 25 for a while before it was taken to the 100 to shot.
    Again I'm at a loss on how to accommodate you.

--MISSING--
    Did a member leave behind some binoculars? If so what is the brand name on them?

Also who left some .40 box of bullets? What brand was it?

--FINAL THOUGHTS--
    Great event all! Good times all around. Always a blast to see the NORTH of people folks and to tolerate all those "rednecks" that show up. :laugh: Always fun to just sit back and see everyone enjoying the guns, the food, and everything else.

-Jedi

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I don't know your name as you choose not to give it only said you do read INGO and knew we were coming. I've seen you twice but each time you have choose not to mingle with the group. If you read this please PM me but at this point I'm at a lose of how to accommodate you.

You complained that we were all on the 25 yard range. I offered to open a side of the bench for you and your party. You did not want that as you said that the noise of the AR/AKs was too much. I offered you ear plugs and again you said no. Said that you would instead go to the 50 yard since you were on the 25 the day before.

Offered you food and drinks and you did not want any. Instead you said that members should not be shooting those high end AR/AKs on the 25 yard but that we should do whatever we wanted. :dunno:

I've been thinking and thinking about this but don't have a solution that you may like. :( It appears you are local to the WINAMAC area so you visit the range multiple times a week where as most of our members can only make it once a month as they travel 50+ miles to get here. We can't move to the 50 yard (we have before) because it's just too far for when they are shooting pistols which is what they mostly shoot. Yes ARs/AKs are what you see but many members end up taking those to the other ranges to shoot as well. Heck we had a .50 cal today that sat on the 25 for a while before it was taken to the 100 to shot.
    Some people will complain about everything. Stop trying to accommodate them, you simply can't. They want the range when they are there. Simple fact is that it is a public range and its first come, first served. The fact is that we fill the range and we use it . . . that is what the DNR built it for!!! If he showed up to late to get a spot that is not our problem. If he doesn't like noise at a gun range that is not our problem. If he doesn't like crowds that is not our problem. He is welcome to go to the Range Officer and voice his concerns, it is not our obligation to solve his issues.

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    I don't remember the altercation you had with the "unknown member", Jedi. It's a shame he can't come on here and voice his concerns in public.

We DON'T bite... well, t_star might.

I hope whoever stole your brass returns it. I know I picked up my own .45 and some other I found on the grass up at the 10 yard line, but that was it. I shot 15 rounds of my own and came back with 17 cases.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    I got a few vids up for now, i'll put more up later.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViIr6Jnm6Cc[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9U2dpTK7fsk[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHgOtgdDFUU[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWcizExI7oU[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpW83EOubg8[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zarwYV0kOU[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMouqW95J90[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7s2JOzLXK8[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOIIHnaIW1A[/ame]

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    First timer

It was a great time. Big thanks to all that let me shoot their guns::D

1911 PINK Springfield [.45 ACP] (Jedi)
    Ruger 22/45 .22 (Goober135)
    Springfield GI 1911 .45 (Goober135 )
    S&W model 19 revolver (.357/.38 special) (actaeon277)
    Kriss vector [45 acp] (black label)
    Just Right Carbine [9mm] (nipprdog)
    M1 Garand 30'06 (repeter1977 )
    SCAR 16 [.223/5.56] (turnandshoot4 )
    Stevens Side-By-Side 20ga (Goober135 )
    Remington 12ga Pump (Goober135 )
    Saiga 12 Guage (gunbunnies )
    Mosin Nagant M44 (tv1217)
    3 inch Kimber (gunbunnies)
    Caspian Custom 1911A1(gunbunnies)

I am no longer a 1911 virgin.

I forgot to shoot the FN-FAL, and anything and everything in .380. I also did not make it to the trap range. Did anyone bust some clays? (There is always next time.)

My buddy Steve had a blast, he said thanks. Though he doesn’t own any guns, he is going home to tell the wife that he needs a .50 cal.:biggun: He figures if he starts there, he might end up with a SCAR or something awesome like that.:rockwoot:

Thanks again to Jedi and everyone that put this together.
    :ingo:

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    This was my first INGO event, and it did not disappoint. I had a lot of fun today. Big thanks to everyone, for the tips, letting me play with thier cool toys, and of course the free lettering job on my Shield. I'll definitely see you all on June 9th! (tentatively, of course.)

Glad that you had a good time. I was not able to find you, although I was in the back with the layout of rifles and pistols. I will try to be there again for the upcoming range if you want another chance.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    --FINANCIAL UPDATE--
    Pre-Event Pot: $99.25
    Expenses: $0.00
    Donations: $85 (Sorry but ya are going to have to speak up as I was not able to take names today - The heat did me in)
    Post-Event Pot: $184.25
    ---

--DNR RO TALK--
    Mr. Kraft accepted a diet Dr. Pepper (he likes Diet pop) and said it was hot! :D Said thank you once again for the plywood and post. Said the post will last him a while but not all season and that with the nice days the plywood is getting eaten up fast this past month. He said when it's too hot (like today) he does not get many people so the boards last longer. :)
    ---

---THE RANGE---
    We were able to donate wooden post thanks to mrobnoxious1 and 9 sheets of plywood. I think 3 were donated by actaeon277 & repeter1977 and then 6 by black label. The reason we have no expenses this month is because black label did not allow me to reimbursement him for the plywood. So a VERY BIG thank you to our donors.

Next month I plan on bring the mini-van as we have a new stencil that I want to try on the plywood and since we know have close to $200 it's time we bring some brooms + dustpans + plywood. The RO shed was running very low on plywood this month. Our donation I'm sure helps.
    ---

--FOOD UPDATE--
    We have

• 7 bags of unopened chips,
    • case of bottle water
    • 2 pack of cookies,
    • 1 box of Ho-Hos
    • 1 box of cupcakes
    • salt & pepper,
    • 24 hot dog buns (that can make it till next month)
    • 8 burger buns (that can make it till next month)
    • BBQ sauce x 2
    • 3 packs of cheese (American, Pepper Jack, and Swiss)

Thank you to everyone that donated food this month! I finally did not have to bring back cans of pop cause actaeon277 took it all home since he will come next time and he was the one that brought all those cans anyways.

We had hot dogs, brauts, burgers, and beef and pork bacon. :drool:

There was also some "high class" Ho-Hoe, Twinkies, cookies, fresh onions, tomatoes, lettuce for the burgers, cheese, chips, pop, water and water and water!

A special thank you to LadyGhost for manning 2 grills! Also 3steps thank you for making your BBQ bacon cheeseburgers for us as well. Those things are :drool:. Especially with all the sides (onions, tomatoes, lettuce) you brought for them. We got some high class burgers now a days!

Thank you to
    censored.gif
    (wishes to remain nameless) for the advise of bring just plain ice water. We had 2 5 gallon coolers with ice water and it went and went! It was very hot today and people were going thru liquids pop/water like crazy! For sure we are bring back the water for next month as well.

--NEW GUEST--
    We had several new shooters as well as 1st time INGO members as well. Plus females (gf of members that shot as well). Ilovemyjeep did you like it?
    ---

--SPECIAL EVENTS--
    We once again had 2 competitions. The pistol competition and rifle.

Pistol Results
    1st place using a HI-POINT with a score of 30 Ericwp (1st time out) :rockwoot:
    2nd place was lonehoosier.
    2nd place was actually a 3 way tie between goober, lonehoosier and ??:dunno:??. They were actually tied for 1st with 20 points each but EricWP showed up late and ask to compete figure OK since we had yet to determine 1st place and while the lads were attempted to determine 1st place, EricWP beats them with a HIGH -POINT! Now that is thug style all the way. :laugh:

The Boo-Boo Award - mrobnoxious1 hit hello kitty twice trying to hit teh smaller higher point targets. :facepalm:

And we have 3 members that hit the "cub lovers - t-star & darkkevin".

NapalmFTW hit t-star 5 times!
    Jimmy hit darkkevin 2 times!
    Lonehoosier hit darkevin 1 time (during the tie breaker session)

So that is 8 fingernails for t-star to pain on 09 JUN 2012.:rockwoot::rockwoot:

--MY DAY--
    Got to the range at around 8AM to get some alone shooting time and what do I find.

Was able to shoot the appleseed targets

Attempt 1 - 174
    Attempt 2 - 204
    Attempt 3 - 174 (done after lunch & too hot)
    Attempt 4 - 166 (done after lunch & too hot)
    Attempt 5 - 154 (done after lunch & too hot)

Was able to put another 49 rounds down my 1911 of my reloads with no issues. So I must be doing the reloading correctly.

I did get to shot a few other guns that were :rockwoot:.
    Goober gave me some painful guns to shoot this time. :) double trigger 20g shotgun, some remingtom express magnum and then a hold with 2 hands pump pistol grip shotgun. I'm in pain from the forearms and chest for all those shotguns.

Reepater had a mosim (swiss version) which was a BLAST! And some little SIG 9mm with purple on it that was nice.

I was finally able to shoot sadclowns M&P in 9mm and I'm in :wwub: The grips and recoil was nice. Wish I can try it out in .45 but either way I really think I want one. Off course, turnandshoot had to go an mess it up since I shot his 9mm CZC???? :dunno: ??? and that was beautiful as well!!!

--The Good, The Bad, & the Ugly--
    Good 1
    I was watching the public to see if anyone wanted room on the 25 since he had all of it and noticed a family come and then walk away to the 50. The little girl eventually came back to look and I pointed to one of the benches but she left. :( So I followed he over to the 50 yard and talked to her parents if they wanted to come over we would open up a lane for them. The little girl was :rockwoot:and they came over and she got to put up a Justin Bevear target and went at it with her .22 lr. We did have to provide them all (mom, dad, aunt, and kid) with hearing protection since they did not have any and we had .45 and 9mm going at the time. But the look on the little girl's face while she was shooting was priceless.

Good 2
    During the rifle competition, mrobnoxious1's daughter was telling her dad. "Come on dad, hurry up!!" as she dragged him to the line. Again another big smile on my face. This is what makes it worth doing these events and getting heat stroke and smelling like everything but human. :rockwoot:

Bad 1
    Someone took all my .45 brass out of my coffee can! The first time this happened OK it was funny (last year). The second time the funny had worn out and shame on me. Since then I have colored my can pink so that way it does not get confused with other cans that members bring. Well this time whomever it was just outright emptied my can.

What pisses me off is I spent quiet some time shooting 7 rounds via my 1911. Stopping looking for those 7 cases, putting them in the can, loading another 7, etc... Look nobody minds if you pick up brass on the floor/ground/grass. But come on man/women when the brass is in a coffee can it's NOT COOL/FUNNY to take it at that point.

Stop being an
    censored.gif
    and taking someone else's brass when they spent time looking for just a single caliber. It's no longer funny to take my brass.

Bad 2

--MISSING--
    Did a member leave behind some binoculars? If so what is the brand name on them?

Also who left some .40 box of bullets? What brand was it?

--FINAL THOUGHTS--
    Great event all! Good times all around. Always a blast to see the NORTH of people folks and to tolerate all those "rednecks" that show up. :laugh: Always fun to just sit back and see everyone enjoying the guns, the food, and everything else.

-Jedi

Jedi, thanks for all the work that you did. Great work on the AAR (After Action Report) as well. Just a couple points, that purple Sig was a .22, and was the one that I had bought yesterday. Still have a bit more breaking in to do. Also forgot that you had gotten to shoot the M1 Garand as well. It was good to see you getting some range time as the last couple times you had been running around too much to get time in for yourself.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    It was a great time. Big thanks to all that let me shoot their guns::D

1911 PINK Springfield [.45 ACP] (Jedi)
    Ruger 22/45 .22 (Goober135)
    Springfield GI 1911 .45 (Goober135 )
    S&W model 19 revolver (.357/.38 special) (actaeon277)
    Kriss vector [45 acp] (black label)
    Just Right Carbine [9mm] (nipprdog)
    M1 Garand 30'06 (repeter1977 )
    SCAR 16 [.223/5.56] (turnandshoot4 )
    Stevens Side-By-Side 20ga (Goober135 )
    Remington 12ga Pump (Goober135 )
    Saiga 12 Guage (gunbunnies )
    Mosin Nagant M44 (tv1217)
    3 inch Kimber (gunbunnies)
    Caspian Custom 1911A1(gunbunnies)

I am no longer a 1911 virgin.

I forgot to shoot the FN-FAL, and anything and everything in .380. I also did not make it to the trap range. Did anyone bust some clays? (There is always next time.)

My buddy Steve had a blast, he said thanks. Though he doesn’t own any guns, he is going home to tell the wife that he needs a .50 cal.:biggun: He figures if he starts there, he might end up with a SCAR or something awesome like that.:rockwoot:

Thanks again to Jedi and everyone that put this together.

Glad that you had a great time out as well. It was nice meeting you. And good luck getting the SCAR. I had noticed a couple out on the range this time. At least 2 others besides mine. Great rifles. And looks like you got to shoot some great weapons there as well.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Another great shoot. I know my father, brother Actaeon also had a great time. We had brought out another friend of ours from our American Legion Post, with his son. They both said that they had a great time and are looking forward to coming out again, although not sure when they will be able to. I know that I had a great time. Was good letting everyone shoot the M1 Garand, I know the Mosin was fired a couple times as well. The SCAR once again was out for more then a couple shots, although my AK stayed in the bag, as apparently there were a couple floating out as well.
    ilovemyjeep, glad that you had a great time and was nice meeting you as well.
    Everyone else, I am getting better with names and faces. This has been my 3rd meet and shoot and look forward to continuing coming out for them.
    As with the AAR, I am glad that we had all the sodas that were provided, but whoever came up with the water idea, THANK YOU. It was a life saver for sure. I know we did not stay quite until the end, but it was great meeting so many new members out this time.
    Jedi, as stated by another post on here, you did the best you could, but you can not please some people. You even gave out hearing protection to them. It would be nice to accommodate everyone but you can only bend so far. Just my 2 cents, I could rant way more on it, but you get the point. You did an awesome job and thats why this are so successful and everyone looks forward to them.
    NaplamFTW, great photos, thanks for taking the pictures. I sent you a rep for it, as well as gave you some info on the one photo. That is part of Actaeon's and my collection that was out on the ground like that. Figured its the best way, and we usually try to stay in the back there, so everyone is more then welcome to come back and try out anything again next time.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN

they have trap there? i did not know that! do you have to bring your own throwers and stuff? we haven't been shooting much recently, especially shotgun. Been busy, poor, etc.!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom