Not open for further replies.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Thanks!

As overused as the word "thanks" is, I still think it is appropriate to say when someone has done something to help you. Many folks have found new and more interesting ways to say it, but for this post I think I'll stick with "thanks".

First and foremost I want to thank lovemywoods, Mrs. lovemywoods, and Kr_Treefrog2. Not only are they my family, but they are the most generous people I've ever met. I had friends growing up that hated their parents and I didn't understand it-- I thought my parents were the coolest people on the planet (don't actually tell them I said that). I have personal knowledge as to what it takes for them to host NFA Day each year, and I can quite positively say that their efforts absolutely form the foundation for this wonderful event.

Next I'd like to thank the organizers and planners of every NFA Day-- VUPDblue, shooter521, bigcraig, and lovemywoods (and myself technically). Thank you for your vision and for your continued commitment to the NFA world. You gentlemen are not only the brains of this yearly operation, but are also the muscle on the line keeping a watchful eye so that everyone can have a safe and enjoyable time. This year you even kicked it up a notch by facilitating the instructional blocks where you gave each attendee the gift of knowledge. A special thanks goes to Tinman for making the trip down just to RO for us again.

A big thanks goes out to this years vendors-- Printmitch of Applied Ballistics with his assistants Dan and Stacey, curraheeguns of SSNFA with his assistant mjrducky, rwilcox215, Sparky03, and Cwood with Indiana Supply Depot. This event never would've reached new heights without your generosity. We realize that standing out in the rain while allowing all of us noobs to shoot your expensive toys that you'll have to clean later isn't always the most fun for you, but I think I can speak on behalf of all the participants that we had a BLAST making memories that will last forever.

I also want to thank full-auto from the Military Arms Channel for joining us and preserving our experience in YouTube format. Your efforts will bring NFA Day to a much broader audience, and I think your video really captured the spirit of the event. My only regret is that we weren't able to feed you before your trek north-- that is half the experience in my book. ;)

And of course I want to thank all the participants. We only had 2 dropouts this year, which was a total 180 from last year's sign-ups. You guys were safe, courteous, and brought the food you were assigned! :D I want to specifically thank dead2rights for bringing the Long's Donuts for the morning, and redneckmedic for hauling out the trash to the barn, even when you weren't asked. :yesway: I also want to thank those of you who helped load and unload the gear, assembled EZups, and the million other things that went unnoticed but were essential to the day running smoothly. And although this wasn't a money-making venture, your thoughtful donations to lovemywoods were very much appreciated, and helped offset some of his hosting expenses.

On an offbeat note, thanks to Stschil for taking Jasper the cat home. Hopefully he'll work better there as your pet than as our potential moving target. :D And thanks to local Brown Countian dak109 for making a few phone calls and letting the authorities know that the reported automatic gunfire was under control. :ar15:

And finally, to the man who started it all-- thank you Fenway for what you've created here with INGO. Not only have I enjoyed working with you and the Mod Staff directly, but I've learned so much and met so many great people at events like this. After this weekend I noted that I've now met over 290 fellow INGOers. This would not have been possible without your vision and your continued leadership. Thank you.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    And I'm sure that somewhere, there's a spreadsheet keeping track. ;) :):

I actually use the vBulletin "Contacts and Friends" list here on INGO to track them.

Dad, on the other hand, actually uses an Excel spreadsheet to track them. I know you are shocked. :laugh:

pjcalla

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Hamilton County
    By the way, what were you running for ammo? It definitely had the most flash I've seen out of that little thing!Tinman....

It was Federal Premium American Eagle .223, the black and white box. Thanks again. BTW, what brand/length upper was that? Forgot to check in all my bliss from shooting. :ar15:

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    That was an LMT MRP upper with a 10.5" barrel. Of course the YHM break on the front didn't hurt the blastyness either.

Tinman....

Blastyness? Is that a measurable technical term referring to the specific badassness of a muzzle brake?

Ie; this YHM has been thouroughly tested and carries a blastyness factor of 9 on the International Blastyness Scale (IBS) according to the Underwriters Laboratories.
    :laugh:

Gotta say it, that SBR was a lot of fun to shoot, especially after it morphed with Printmitch's lower. :ar15:

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    As overused as the word "thanks" is, I still think it is appropriate to say when someone has done something to help you. Many folks have found new and more interesting ways to say it, but for this post I think I'll stick with "thanks".

First and foremost I want to thank lovemywoods, Mrs. lovemywoods, and Kr_Treefrog2. Not only are they my family, but they are the most generous people I've ever met. I had friends growing up that hated their parents and I didn't understand it-- I thought my parents were the coolest people on the planet (don't actually tell them I said that). I have personal knowledge as to what it takes for them to host NFA Day each year, and I can quite positively say that their efforts absolutely form the foundation for this wonderful event.

Next I'd like to thank the organizers and planners of every NFA Day-- VUPDblue, shooter521, bigcraig, and lovemywoods (and myself technically). Thank you for your vision and for your continued commitment to the NFA world. You gentlemen are not only the brains of this yearly operation, but are also the muscle on the line keeping a watchful eye so that everyone can have a safe and enjoyable time. This year you even kicked it up a notch by facilitating the instructional blocks where you gave each attendee the gift of knowledge. A special thanks goes to Tinman for making the trip down just to RO for us again.

A big thanks goes out to this years vendors-- Printmitch of Applied Ballistics with his assistants Dan and Stacey, curraheeguns of SSNFA with his assistant mjrducky, rwilcox215, Sparky03, and Cwood with Indiana Supply Depot. This event never would've reached new heights without your generosity. We realize that standing out in the rain while allowing all of us noobs to shoot your expensive toys that you'll have to clean later isn't always the most fun for you, but I think I can speak on behalf of all the participants that we had a BLAST making memories that will last forever.

I also want to thank full-auto from the Military Arms Channel for joining us and preserving our experience in YouTube format. Your efforts will bring NFA Day to a much broader audience, and I think your video really captured the spirit of the event. My only regret is that we weren't able to feed you before your trek north-- that is half the experience in my book. ;)

And of course I want to thank all the participants. We only had 2 dropouts this year, which was a total 180 from last year's sign-ups. You guys were safe, courteous, and brought the food you were assigned! :D I want to specifically thank dead2rights for bringing the Long's Donuts for the morning, and redneckmedic for hauling out the trash to the barn, even when you weren't asked. :yesway: I also want to thank those of you who helped load and unload the gear, assembled EZups, and the million other things that went unnoticed but were essential to the day running smoothly. And although this wasn't a money-making venture, your thoughtful donations to lovemywoods were very much appreciated, and helped offset some of his hosting expenses.

On an offbeat note, thanks to Stschil for taking Jasper the cat home. Hopefully he'll work better there as your pet than as our potential moving target. :D And thanks to local Brown Countian dak109 for making a few phone calls and letting the authorities know that the reported automatic gunfire was under control. :ar15:

And finally, to the man who started it all-- thank you Fenway for what you've created here with INGO. Not only have I enjoyed working with you and the Mod Staff directly, but I've learned so much and met so many great people at events like this. After this weekend I noted that I've now met over 290 fellow INGOers. This would not have been possible without your vision and your continued leadership. Thank you.

Esrice wrote a wonderful-thank you post above that covered almost everything I could say and more, so I'll not repeat it. However, I have two additional people/groups I'd like to acknowledge.

First, esrice partners with me in the planning of our portion of NFA Days. I trust his counsel and appreciate his creative ideas. He tracks the attendees in the weeks leading up to the event and makes nametags for everyone. During the actual event, he is there to do whatever I need done. He is constantly checking that everything is running smoothly.

This year in particular, he stepped up on Sunday and moved everyone's gear to and from the range in the rain. The hill was slippery and he successfully negotiated it all day while trying his best not to sling mud on the gear. By late afternoon Sunday, he was completely soaked and beat.

My other thanks goes to the NFA Weekend participants. You were enthusiastic, flexible, and demonstrated a desire to learn while helping your fellow shooters. You also were remarkably generous in your monetary gifts in support of the event. Hosting NFA Weekend is my way of giving back to INGO each year. Your generosity helped me do that by lessening the financial cost to my family. You have my thanks. :)

mjrducky

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Jun 16, 2009
    North Liberty, IN
    You also were remarkably generous in your monetary gifts in support of the event. Hosting NFA Weekend is my way of giving back to INGO each year. Your generosity helped me do that by lessening the financial cost to my family. You have my thanks. :)

If you need more to help pay for the dirt or yard work that maybe required to repair that tiny hole everyone left in the yard. Please let me know. :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom