Not open for further replies.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    WooHoo! Weiner Dog and Pink tear-bucket award! :) I'm not complaining. Any publicity is still good publicity and a kick in the rear to shoot the handgun better!

We had a terrific time, everyone! Thank you all for making this happen. You have no idea how amazing it is just to get away from the city and into the back yard in God's country and send some lead down the range. It's a must for me!

THANK YOU ALL! :)

Oh I fully understand what you mean about this as due some of our other members who work downtown Chicago as well understand. That is why I love going to Winamac and just being away from all the city noise and stress! :patriot:

ilovemyjeep

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    Hi all, just wanted to say thank you again. We had a really nice day. I got to shoot the SCAR again...thankyou repeter, and it was so very nice to meet your mom! Also, now that I shot your 45, I will have to think about rearranging my short and long list of toys I just have to have. OH my gosh it was nice and not what I expected at all. Thanks again!

And thankyou to Jedi and KLB and all those who make this event happen!!

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    Like you Jedi, I'm going to wait a bit before I make my comments. I want to take some time to mull it over and not give a knee-jerk reaction. I will ask this though. Does anybody in the group have a welder and know how to weld decently?? I have an Idea of a way to make us as we'll as the DNR happy......

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    I'm not saying we should just say "screw 'em" and leave without seeing if we can compromise first. At the end of the day it is the states range and so it's their rules.
    I'm just trying to start the dialogue, on our end so we know what to try and bargain for.

And when you say welding I assume you're making something out of metal, I doubt that will fly with DNR. Metal can make things bounce back.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Looks like you guys had a great time... sorry I missed it but I was shooting somewhere else all day...

The new rules don't sound like deal breakers... I would be in on helping out the youth group they have also...

I think the indoor range at Blythes would be great for December and January even though we would be reduced to handgun caliber firearms, the only thing that would need to be fixed on that is the ability to use the range on a weekend during the day without messing with thier ability to make money... but really they stand to make more money from shooters buying ammo with a good showing from the group than what they would loose from hosting the event I believe... Anyway's see you guys next M&S.. the Saiga wants to be shot.... and I might have the 1919 running by then...

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    I'm not saying we should just say "screw 'em" and leave without seeing if we can compromise first. At the end of the day it is the states range and so it's their rules.
    I'm just trying to start the dialogue, on our end so we know what to try and bargain for.

And when you say welding I assume you're making something out of metal, I doubt that will fly with DNR. Metal can make things bounce back.

No more than the nails and screws they use to attach the plywood to the post.....

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Hi all, just wanted to say thank you again. We had a really nice day. I got to shoot the SCAR again...thankyou repeter, and it was so very nice to meet your mom! Also, now that I shot your 45, I will have to think about rearranging my short and long list of toys I just have to have. OH my gosh it was nice and not what I expected at all. Thanks again!

And thankyou to Jedi and KLB and all those who make this event happen!!

Glad that you had a great time, and got to shoot the SCAR and the 1911 as well. They are wonderful to shoot, which is why i bring them out everytime.
    Part of my AAR, check the batteries in the sight, make SURE that the range bag has back up batteries. Oh well. Thats what the back up sights were for, and they really didn't die until the end. But lesson learned here.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Like you Jedi, I'm going to wait a bit before I make my comments. I want to take some time to mull it over and not give a knee-jerk reaction. I will ask this though. Does anybody in the group have a welder and know how to weld decently?? I have an Idea of a way to make us as we'll as the DNR happy......

I do. I've got a Miller. It's been a while since I did any serious welding. What do you need?

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    DII_6924Pw.jpg

DII_6927P.jpg

DII_6933Pw.jpg

DII_6934Pw.jpg

DII_6940Pw.jpg

DII_6960Pw.jpg

DII_6966Pw.jpg

DII_6969Pw.jpg

DII_6972Pw.jpg

DII_6973Pw.jpg

DII_6974Pw.jpg

DII_6975Pw.jpg

DII_6978Pw.jpg

DII_6979Pw.jpg

:D

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Every time someone shot the M1A, you could hear a faint "noooo" from their wallets.

SHOT, you damn auto correct, lol

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    Watch the smile on my son's face when he first pulls the trigger on the AR... that makes me a proud daddy :D

Also, take note of each of these guys' trigger finger control... TOP NOTCH gun safety at it's finest if I do say so myself :yesway:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajJ6dwg7RtE&feature=plcp[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITNuxdJADv4&feature=plcp[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FYExsOowr0&feature=plcp[/ame]

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom