• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JB357Mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    Yea!
    A large steam locomotive just passed threw Hobart In. 11:46 am Sunday May 11 2014

It had a bunch of passenger cars, very cool!

I don't ever remember seeing one running before.

Jimmy

JB357Mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    Yea!
    This probably Fort Wayne Railroad Historical Society | Upcoming Events

Steam Locomotive Gives View Into History | Stacey Page Online

It actually came through my area last weekend, here is a video from my Hometown of Goshen...

Yup thats it, thanks for posting.

Jimmy

Yup that was it, I couldnt find that on the net.

Thanks for posting, it was that cool whistle that made me jump up and go to the window!

Jimmy
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbLC8IsY-u4
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCZF4LTt67s

m

Max Volume

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    A coworker and I knew we heard a steam whistle go through NWI the other day, got in our trucks to search but didn't find. Love those things. Here's a Shay at Cass Scenic RR in WV last summer.

.shay.jpg

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Somthing very weird just happened to my above post????

You put all of your "text" inside of the quote... in a post you are quoting you will see brackets that look like this [], inside of those will be "QUOTE=XYZ Name" to open the quote and "/QUOTE" to end the quote. Whatever is between the starting quote and ending quote will be displayed inside the quote. Together they make
    XYZ Name said:

You must move your text AFTER the one that has the "/quote" inside the brackets.

JB357Mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    Yea!
    You put all of your "text" inside of the quote... in a post you are quoting you will see brackets that look like this [], inside of those will be "QUOTE=XYZ Name" to open the quote and "/QUOTE" to end the quote. Whatever is between the starting quote and ending quote will be displayed inside the quote. Together they make

You must move your text AFTER the one that has the "/quote" inside the brackets.

Yep your right and I did it twice.

I wish I knew that train was coming by, I would have been out there with the
    cell vid camera.

Jimmy

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Growing up there used to be one that ran through my hometown every once in a while. This was Kouts in NW Indiana. I believe my dad said it was some tourist train. I remember stopping and watching it in the early 80s. Tell that story at work and the young kids look at me like 'we didn't think you were THAT old'.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Wow. That video is cool! I don't recall ever seeing one in person. I've seen turn of the century steam tractors, but compared to that vid, it's not the same thing.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Heard the steam whistle yesterday in Hobart and missed seeing the train. When the kids were younger and the steam train came thru town, we saw people put pennies on the tracks and saw some weird shaped pieces of copper.

Ltrain

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2012
    I work for the RR. They are for employees and their family. They have them a bunch if weekends in a bunch of places.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    If y'all are in NWI and like trains... And dont want to drive down to Noblesville and/or French Lick to the train/transportation museums there, the one in Illinois is fantastic. Illinois Railway Museum near Union, IL. Around two hours WNW of Chicago - almost to Wisconsin in McHenry, Co. Illinois Railway Museum

-J-

Top Bottom