• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • loudpedal

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Parc Fermé
    It is a proud day indeed at Casa Del loudpedal.

Today Mrs. loudpedal came home with this trophy.
    I know that it is just a start, but Mr. l was very happy to see this accomplishment. :D

I was like a doting parent on the first day of kindergarten. Snacks, pencils, and note pads (all with back-ups) packed
    lovingly in a range bag along with guns, ammo, eyes, and ears (all with back-ups you can never be too careful you know) as I dropped her off at the door.

I want to thank the guys at Beech Grove Firearms for the great job that they did for today's ladies only class. :yesway:

Although she has spent some range time with me I wanted her to get some independent training from someone outside of the family. Hopefully this will add to her confidence when we go to the range together in the future.

Last edited:

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    That is awesome! My wife was scared of guns, then went to the range and shot with me and her family and loved it. She has only been once though but she's talking about wanting to go back. I'm thinking eventually she should take a class, and me too for that matter.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Congrats Loudpedal. My wife took the ladies only class as well at Kodiak in South Bend, IN. She now has four pistols all bought and paid for by me. The good is she lets me buy guns the bad is I have to buy them for her to.

loudpedal

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Parc Fermé
    That is awesome! My wife was scared of guns, then went to the range and shot with me and her family and loved it. She has only been once though but she's talking about wanting to go back. I'm thinking eventually she should take a class, and me too for that matter.

If you want a place in the Indianapolis area I strongly suggest these guys. Not only is the training good, but the range is top notch.

p.s. Take her out through the showroom while she is all excited about shooting. Get it?

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    If you want a place in the Indianapolis area I strongly suggest these guys. Not only is the training good, but the range is top notch.

p.s. Take her out through the showroom while she is all excited about shooting. Get it?

Yeah, I am kind of bringing up the subject of her getting her LTCH and some sort of EDC...she is hesitant because she is a school teacher and obviously can't take it in the school and would only be helpful to her if she is in the car when she needs it. I think in time I'll get her to come around. My grandpa has a small S&W .22 revolver that would be small enough for her and a good gun for her to get comfortable with.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    After thirty some years of marriage, my wife started going with me twice a month to POPS family indoor range. After tryingf out a series of GLOCK 9mm handguns she settled on a G-17 and has been getting better every session...................problem is "I" am the most likely candidate for getting bullet hole(s) in me some day via her expertice. Moral of story, now that Mrs. L is trained dont get her mad at you.

loudpedal

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Parc Fermé
    After thirty some years of marriage, my wife started going with me twice a month to POPS family indoor range. After tryingf out a series of GLOCK 9mm handguns she settled on a G-17 and has been getting better every session...................problem is "I" am the most likely candidate for getting bullet hole(s) in me some day via her expertice. Moral of story, now that Mrs. L is trained dont get her mad at you.
    I think that she would prefer smothering me with my own pillow. I know that she has suggested that method to her sister whose husband is asking for it. Heck I would even help move the body on that one.
    Wouldn't want to wake the kids, clean the carpet, and whatnot.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    Cheers! The first time I got my wife out to the range almost brought a tear to the eye. I mean.... No it didn't. It was just smoky in there.

Top Bottom