• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    I was looking for a small pocket gun. For those occasions you don't or can't carry something with a bit more firepower. The price was right and it fits in my pocket. So I pounced on it like a hyena. So without further ado, here she is:

photo.jpg

It's a cobra of Utah.

mikerccie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Indy - North Side
    Neat little gun!

I'm thinking about selling my Charter "Dixie Derringer" in .22WRM to fund something like that.

The little DD is just too stinking small, I can't hold onto it!

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    i guess it has it's ups and downs.. but i wouldn't own one. be careful with that think.. it'll turn you into a woman!

Lol, that made me shoot some pepsi out of my nose.... Good thing I wasn't drinking a shirley temple or something.

There's just one reason I got it and it is for only that. I am taking it to the range though to see how she handles before I put her in my pocket.

Larryjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Portland, IN
    I had one very similar to the one you show Andy. Thing had a very hard pull. Must have been at least 10 lbs. They are quite convenient for the pocket though

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I picked one up at a garage sale about a week ago. Great pocket piece, especially when you can't , or don't want to carry anything else!

Splix

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 9, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I have the same gun and its awesome! Its not cocked in his pics, he just has the hammer safety on, which you have to pull the hammer back just a tad for it to slide over.
    Great for carrying in your pocket with shorts on or something light.
    I really dont see how you can shoot yourself with one unless you carry it cocked with the hammer safety off, which if you are dumb enough to do that, you might as well be shot.
    I carry mine de-cocked but with the safety off. Its small enough, you can pull it out of your pocket while cocking the hammer in the same motion.
    I love the derringer, and I'm looking to collect more of them in each caliber.

Cherryspringer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    Lafayette
    Derringer

Had one not too long ago that looked just like yours. It was a .357 mag though. A little too much shell and not enough to hold on to. I think I may have kept it if it had been a .22.

Top Bottom