• ...and so much more!
  • cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Right, nothing new under the sun, just saying 'what's so'. Reviewing this part of the thread, I see that "Henry" was saying what I (and you) said

Which is why a third, or fourth, or fifth party is really, really unlikely to have any positive effect on the course of the nation.

Third parties can be simon-pure because they're in no danger of actually electing candidates who will then have to perform.

And as to the people pulling the strings in any party, the rank and file have 0% say in the LP, as in the Dem and GOP.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I've decided that I won't vote for Jeb Bush or Mitt Romney in 2016 - or at any other time in the future - no matter whether or not either of them wins the Republican nomination.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    The Republican Party tried Jeb Bush in 1996. It lost.

The Republican Party tried Jeb Bush in 2008. It lost.

The Republican Party tried Jeb Bush in 2012. It lost.

I was there. I know this country club stuff doesn't work.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    I feel that at this point, were Jeb Bush were to run against the other prospective candidates in the GOP he would have one of the best chances of winning. He has name recognition (for better or worse), has shown some interest in compromise, has one of the least dividing views on immigration compared to other GOP runners, and comes off as a decent guy instead of the talking heads like Cruz. If he didn't have the Bush name, he'd be much more popular. I may disagree with him on many topics, but I'd be much more willing to listen to him speak than some of the other basket cases who will almost certainly run.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    I feel that at this point, were Jeb Bush were to run against the other prospective candidates in the GOP he would have one of the best chances of winning. He has name recognition (for better or worse), has shown some interest in compromise, has one of the least dividing views on immigration compared to other GOP runners, and comes off as a decent guy instead of the talking heads like Cruz. If he didn't have the Bush name, he'd be much more popular. I may disagree with him on many topics, but I'd be much more willing to listen to him speak than some of the other basket cases who will almost certainly run.

And here you have the anatomy of yet another GOP failure: a mainstream-approved Republican everybody says they "don't fear as much as the other ones" - but nobody will actually vote for.

But just you wait - by the time Labor Day 2016 rolls around, the media will perform its right-wing makeover on him, and he'll look like the scariest thing since Attila the Hun. (I can hear the excuses now..."I actually liked Jeb Bush - up until the point where he felt like he needed to placate the RIGHT WING during the primaries").

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    JEB is really conservative, except for his platform which is at odds with conservatives and he won't "pander to the base" by supporting tea party positions.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/12/1...out-persona-than-policies.html?_r=0&referrer=

Opening paragraph:

Jeb Bush’s announcement that he would “actively explore” a 2016 presidential run has been met with healthy skepticism, in no small part because he has staked out positions at odds with the Republican Party’s conservative base

hey OP, I forwarded your post to NYT and demanded they run a retraction.

the fact that he might well be the most "conservative" candidate (with the creds to back it up)

i'll let you know what they say

Last edited:
    Top Bottom