• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Yep, just like the last election. Everyone knew that Obamacare was going to be the main point of debate in the election. So who was the one person that could not press that point out of the whole GOP field? Romney, since he was sort of the grandfather of Obamacare. So how did we end up with him?

This is just an opinion but I think folks were looking at his business record, his handling of the Winter Olympics, and how he got Massachusetts out of the red and into the black in his short period of time as Governor. I supported Romney and thought a candidate with a good business track record was what was needed at the time due to the economic situation of the Country...I know in INGO world that makes me a real tool and a borderline commie but I stand by my vote...

Plus he didn't try to suck up to the youth vote by crowd surfing...In deference to steveh I will only post the Gary Johnson crowd surfing video once per business quarter as there is no sense in pointing out to Libertarians that their candidate wasn't exactly electable either...Libertarians overestimated the Lady Ga Ga voting block...:)

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    It wasn't Libertarians who pulled the Romney lever in the primaries. So why are repubs blaming everyone but themselves for their turd candidates?

I'm blaming the LP for not running a credible candidate who could actually hold both parties' feet to the fire, instead of just sniping from the sidelines, with no real prospect of electoral impact.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I'm blaming the LP for not running a credible candidate who could actually hold both parties' feet to the fire, instead of just sniping from the sidelines, with no real prospect of electoral impact.

So it's the LP's fault your party is full of primary voters whose sole election criteria is who the polls show is most likely to beat the democrat? You had good candidates and your fellow party members didn't want them. The only thing that seems to turn repub voters away from a particular candidate is for libertarians to show their support of them. Therefore, I support Jeb Bush, Chris Christie, Ben Carson, etc.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    So it's the LP's fault your party is full of primary voters whose sole election criteria is who the polls show is most likely to beat the democrat? You had good candidates and your fellow party members didn't want them. The only thing that seems to turn repub voters away from a particular candidate is for libertarians to show their support of them. Therefore, I support Jeb Bush, Chris Christie, Ben Carson, etc.

Nice try. We all know, based on the last few election cycles, the LP candidate will likely be 7th place loser of the GOP primaries...I see through your game.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Nice try. We all know, based on the last few election cycles, the LP candidate will likely be 7th place loser of the GOP primaries...I see through your game.
    LOL, yeah, they are hoping we throw Jeb aside early in the process so they can snap him up as their candidate. That's why he suddenly has an impressive record.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Unfortunately, for the usual suspects here at INGO, Jeb won't get anywhere close to being an LP candidate. Nice to see that, as usual, the ADHD inflicted crowd has managed to derail a thread about a gop candidate and attempt to make it something else. And the left thinks that gun owners aren't very bright. Can't imagine where that comes from.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

If I'm going to have any bearing on who is chosen for the republic nomination, it's to choose the worst candidates and sing my praises about them. Repubs will turn against that person simply because libertarians like them.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    If I'm going to have any bearing on who is chosen for the republic nomination, it's to choose the worst candidates and sing my praises about them. Repubs will turn against that person simply because libertarians like them.

Somehow aside from INGO I doubt most Republicans even know the LP exists.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    When INGOpublicans can rationalize anti gun candidates, I have no doubt.

That INGOtarians can rationalize raising the minimum wage, support net neutrality and common core, there's obviously a level of progressivism any of us are willing to support.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    When INGOpublicans can rationalize anti gun candidates, I have no doubt.

That INGOtarians can rationalize raising the minimum wage, support net neutrality and common core, there's obviously a level of progressivism any of us are willing to support.

Henry

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2014
    Athome
    My prediction should Bush be elected.

The state will expand. We will be in more debt 10 years from now than we are today.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    My prediction should Bush be elected.

The state will expand. We will be in more debt 10 years from now than we are today.

My prediction should anybody of any party be elected president.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    I believe you are correct. It is what "the people" want. After all, "the people" keep voting for it.
    That's because we have a 2 party--OK, 2 1/4--system which leaves us the choice of staying home or holding our noses until they hurt while we vote for the 'lesser evil'. IMO what the people want doesn't enter the equation. There's a symbiotic relationship between 'wall st.' and 'K st' and for all of the noise about ideological differences, and the end of the day BOTH parties are about big--and bigger yet--government. That's why karl rove etc. were wound up about the 'tea party' trying to shake things up--not having the proper credentials as part of the elite 'ruling class'. Likewise it would be great if the Libertarians could get enough traction to push the dnc and gop away from being d.c. centric.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    That's because we have a 2 party--OK, 2 1/4--system which leaves us the choice of staying home or holding our noses until they hurt while we vote for the 'lesser evil'. IMO what the people want doesn't enter the equation. There's a symbiotic relationship between 'wall st.' and 'K st' and for all of the noise about ideological differences, and the end of the day BOTH parties are about big--and bigger yet--government. That's why karl rove etc. were wound up about the 'tea party' trying to shake things up--not having the proper credentials as part of the elite 'ruling class'. Likewise it would be great if the Libertarians could get enough traction to push the dnc and gop away from being d.c. centric.

When were the plebes ever not subject to the whims of the ruling class, even in America, even in America in 1791? Dubious whether any third party will make a dime's worth of difference. I have to assume even the LP is infused with its own species of cronyism.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    When were the plebes ever not subject to the whims of the ruling class, even in America, even in America in 1791? Dubious whether any third party will make a dime's worth of difference. I have to assume even the LP is infused with its own species of cronyism.
    Right, nothing new under the sun, just saying 'what's so'. Reviewing this part of the thread, I see that "Henry" was saying what I (and you) said

Top Bottom