• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Would you buy a product from Red Jacket Firearms?

• Total voters

CQB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 4, 2012
    Central North Forty
    So, after a bad week for America ended as well as it could with the death and capture of the Boston marathon bombing suspects, I needed a good laugh to bring in the weekend.

What better way to do that then watch the season opener of
    "Sons of Guns"? Boy was I not disappointed! I couldn't stay in my chair from laughing so hard! How can these people agree to such fabricated crap and expect to be taken seriously? I guess they win though. They're getting paid and I still watch it even though its a joke.

I do have a question, the whole soap opera BS aside, and disregarding price, does anyone know if Red Jacket makes a good product? I've never seen one in the wild. They seem to focus on suppressors, AK's, Saigas, and AR's.

If you saw one for sale at good fair price, would you buy it?

Last edited:

CQB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 4, 2012
    Central North Forty
    For the record, I believe my answer would be "Maybe, at a fair price it's a decent gun". They don't seem to be doing much of anything that hasn't been done before, so they should run. I would be interested in some data on their integrally suppressed barrels. Those seem cool.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    No. I watched their show, and it sucked. I'm not rewarding that kind of suckage with my hard-earned money.

edited: I couldn't decide between you couldn't pay me enough and too much self-respect. lol. so I went with couldn't pay me enough.

Pete

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    Why are you using the word bad to describe good?? I think your purple key is broken.

ZX-14R

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Damn you guys are mean lol. I have to agree with most of what has been said here so far, but at LEAST its a show about guns on a big channel. I thought I would never see the day again after these last 6 months. As for their weapons, I would think they put out at least a decent product.

pilgrim

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Columbus
    They recently got into the traditional black powder market and I looked over a few of the guns they build at the Conner Long Rifle show. They were OK but a tad expensive.

RspecZX6

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    Shelbyville, IN
    I got an AK/Saiga conversion from them before they were famous (infamous?). It has been a good gun. Can't speak to what they are putting out today.

Which ones are putting out? If its the daughter then I might have to dress up....

*purps implied, but I can't do it on mobile.*

marcp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2013
    Indiana
    I like the show but it is mainly to see any of the WWII item's the guy's might be rebuilding. Oh who does not like to see s#@t blown up..As far as owning any of the product's that is something that would require some more input from external source's. I have seen some cool stuff but not to sure if it would be practical for any of my need's.

The world is full of zombie's,some not so dead yet....

1911Shooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Pendleton, IN
    I got to shoot one of thier ak builds a few years ago and it ran well. The problem I see with purchasing a gun from them, is what's special about it. I don't normally give in to having just a name. The quality was good, but I can find good quality in a less expensive ak. I haven't had a chance to shoot any of thier class 3 stuff but if its the same as the ak I shot, then there probably is a better deal to be had somewhere else. For the record I voted for the maybe at the right price.

CQB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 4, 2012
    Central North Forty
    I got to shoot one of thier ak builds a few years ago and it ran well. The problem I see with purchasing a gun from them, is what's special about it. I don't normally give in to having just a name. The quality was good, but I can find good quality in a less expensive ak. I haven't had a chance to shoot any of thier class 3 stuff but if its the same as the ak I shot, then there probably is a better deal to be had somewhere else. For the record I voted for the maybe at the right price.

Having not fired one of their pieces, this was my guess. Nice enough gun but not worth paying the price for the name alone.

Top Bottom