• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    What? Faith? To believe something without proof does take faith. However, you are twisting it around. We do not believe BECAUSE there is no proof, that is not faith. Someone can say that there is a teacup orbiting the Earth. Without seeing it, I would not believe it existed. Those that believe it exists without seeing it do so with faith.

I so wish that we could talk about about this here but it is specifically BANNED! I have so much fun with this subject. Suffice it to say that I prefer the word agnostic or skeptic for the position you are presenting. To be an atheist, a person has to not only disbelieve but he actively DENIES the existence of god. You haven't presented proof that there IS no god, you have proven that you don't BELIEVE there is a God

Frank appeared to suggest that the existence of God was fictitious. That looks like is a denial of fact, not a statement of belief. An atheist denies the possibility that a teacup could POSSIBLY orbit the earth. They cannot give evidence as to WHY a teacup cannot orbit the earth. A belief with out evidence is faith

I understand that this is an argument about semantics. Like I said, I was just poking at the bear.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    Did you arrest an 11 year old kid without a warrant, without his presence, and without his mother's consent?

neither was this kid? Let me break it down for you. The cops went to the house, and asked for the kid. They don't need a warrant to knock on the door and ask that you surrender your child for arrest. Mother refused, no exigent circumstances. They had PC to make the arrest but not to enter the house and take the kid..SO THEY DIDN'T AND WENT AND GOT A WARRANT!!!!

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I so wish that we could talk about about this here but it is specifically BANNED! I have so much fun with this subject. Suffice it to say that I prefer the word agnostic or skeptic for the position you are presenting. To be an atheist, a person has to not only disbelieve but he actively DENIES the existence of god. You haven't presented proof that there IS no god, you have proven that you don't BELIEVE there is a God

Frank appeared to suggest that the existence of God was fictitious. That looks like is a denial of fact, not a statement of belief. An atheist denies the possibility that a teacup could POSSIBLY orbit the earth. They cannot give evidence as to WHY a teacup cannot orbit the earth. A belief with out evidence is faith

I understand that this is an argument about semantics. Like I said, I was just poking at the bear.

I prefer skeptic as well. I do not pretend to KNOW what happens after we pass. How could I? I am skeptical of it based on lack of scientific evidence. Please do not take this as a slight to believers or a "I'm better than you" attitude. I promise I am not like that. An Atheist stance is, "You say there is an orbiting teacup. Great, show me the proof." Without proof, it is an unsupported belief. I've took a guy to the psych ward after he claimed he was Jesus. There was no proof beyond his rants to support that claim. There was no reason to believe him. Could he have been Jesus? Without proof, unlikely, however, nothing is ever 100%. I could have taken Jesus to the hospital :dunno:

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I suppose if you thought you were following old Jewish law. (Not sure why you would follow old Jewish law). But you know that even back then it was not common. Right? I mean, you understand all that, right? No? Didn't think so. You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about, do you? But people here have stated unequivocally that they would follow orders from their command, sergeant, or shift supervisor, including you. phylodog said it's not within his purview to determine constitutionality. Just do what you are told, just like in LA and NY and NJ and elsewhere.

Listen, we all understand that. We expect that. Just don't lie to us that you won't behave that way, because we know you will. What was the term Liberty used, Little Nazis or New Nazis or something? I should look it up.

Ugh, go back to designing crappy cars. This conversation is worthless.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    They had PC to make the arrest but not to enter the house and take the kid..SO THEY DIDN'T AND WENT AND GOT A WARRANT!!!!
    Anyone else see the glaring OMISSION in the above post's timeline? Where, with earnestness and precision, Destro, does the arrest of the mother immediately upon demand to see the non-existent warrant fit into your "these LEOs are legally golden" narrative?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Recently in Florida a policeman arrested a citizen who allegedly carried a concealed handgun without a permit. The sheriff reviewed the case, dropped the charges and released the citizen. He explained that he believed in the 2d amendment and took an oath to uphold the constitution.

The Sheriff has now been relieved by the Governor and brought up on charges.

Florida Governor Has Sheriff Arrested, Removed From Office for Allowing Concealed Carry |

Sorry if this is a dupe.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Recently in Florida a policeman arrested a citizen who allegedly carried a concealed handgun without a permit. The sheriff reviewed the case, dropped the charges and released the citizen. He explained that he believed in the 2d amendment and took an oath to uphold the constitution.

The Sheriff has now been relieved by the Governor and brought up on charges.

Florida Governor Has Sheriff Arrested, Removed From Office for Allowing Concealed Carry |

Sorry if this is a dupe.

Saw this a while back. Good on the sheriff...screw the politicians. I know Barry is watching....same to him.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    I've took a guy to the psych ward after he claimed he was Jesus. There was no proof beyond his rants to support that claim. There was no reason to believe him. Could he have been Jesus? Without proof, unlikely, however, nothing is ever 100%. I could have taken Jesus to the hospital :dunno:

Really?!!! Would that gambit get me out of going to jail? I could pass for Jesus, superficially at least. Well, if Jesus had gotten old and fat............. I have hair well past my shoulder blades, a full beard and Hebrew bone structure (read that as a bone eyebrow and a nose like a meat hook).

It's a darn sight easier to pretend to be sane and get out of confinement than it is to pretend to be innocent and get out.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Really?!!! Would that gambit get me out of going to jail? I could pass for Jesus, superficially at least. Well, if Jesus had gotten old and fat............. I have hair well past my shoulder blades, a full beard and Hebrew bone structure (read that as a bone eyebrow and a nose like a meat hook).

It's a darn sight easier to pretend to be sane and get out of confinement than it is to pretend to be innocent and get out.

Ha

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    Anyone else see the glaring OMISSION in the above post's timeline? Where, with earnestness and precision, Destro, does the arrest of the mother immediately upon demand to see the non-existent warrant fit into your "these LEOs are legally golden" narrative?

what was she officially arrested for again?

Top Bottom