• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    From what the initial article reads (we all know what those are sometimes worth), it appears the BG kicked in the door and started firing. No time to run to the back and get your gun! Keep it in arms reach or on your person!

Man fatally shot during west Indianapolis home invasion - 13 WTHR Indianapolis

It will be interesting to see if these men may have known each other or not... if they ever find out. Person at the house has already passed away from a GS wound to the leg; I assume it must have hit the femoral artery. Scary stuff...

Just looked up the address... Not too far from me. I heard cops and other responders sirens awhile ago. Guess it was for this...

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I put on my pants, I put on my gun.

Good point. What is funny is that when I take off my britches to go take a shower, I take my EDC with me back to the bathroom and put it on the sink.

Since we had a Home Inavsion attempt a couple of years ago I do not even get the "eye-roll" and a "Really?" from the better half...BTW...IWB also works with a towel wrap...I am just sayin'...:rolleyes:

Valvestate

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Good point. What is funny is that when I take off my britches to go take a shower, I take my EDC with me back to the bathroom and put it on the sink.

Since we had a Home Inavsion attempt a couple of years ago I do not even get the "eye-roll" and a "Really?" from the better half...BTW...IWB also works with a towel wrap...I am just sayin'...:rolleyes:

Lol I put mine on the counter. Too bad though that I work in chitcago. I feel naked every day I go to work.

jon5212

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    It's getting bad, everyone homeowner needs to have a gun, and they need to be prepared to use it if need be.

If that actually happened I believe home invasions would go drastically down.

It is starting to get very bad in these current times.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I have a serpa attached to my bed rail. When I drop my hand over the side my finger hits the release. I have my trousers set up as turnouts. My EDC is my bed rail gun and vice versa.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Mine is always within arms length at any time because you never know when I have the need to pull it.

My gun is also nearby. :D

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    I have several hidden, including one in the bathroom where I spend a lot of time.
    oh the place one could run with this one. :):

funny stuff aside, yes, im another "freak of nature" who is soothed by the calming feel of some extra weight on my hip / lovehandle ish area.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Police interviews a woman

3606259_700b.jpg

usaf64

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2012
    I wear my .38 snubbie IWB and a LCP .380 in an Uncle George wallet holster. Being retired, that means sunrise to sunset. At night the .380 sits on the couch next to where I sit. I've only been carrying since last spring. I don't know why I didn't do it sooner.

The thing is, when you are armed, you not only feel safer, but I also am less likely to get into a bad situation because I tend to let things go because it's not worth making an issue of.

On the other hand, if someone forces their way into your house, you're prepared to protect your family and yourself.

Reuben Cogburn

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2012
    I will keep this story handy for the next time some idiot asks me,"why are you carrying a gun at your house?"

John Browning is always on hand.

Top Bottom