• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 17, 2010
    Freedom , yes really Freedom
    So I may have been recently posting about a M44 mosin that I jacked up (and repaired) with an arrow shaft, metal rod, rasp, patch etc ........ This is NOT that rifle :):

This rifle is a 91/30 mosin my brother asked me if I would like to buy because "its just too old and doesn't work" and would I buy it for $20. Let me be clear that my brother does not share the passion for firearms that I do, much to my families dismay. From the very limited description that I got, he shot the rifle ..... it has begun to rust, he never cleaned it and the chamber wont open. So, I imagine he shot cheap corrosive ammo through it and maybe has so much corrosion in it that the bolt has "stuck".

Here's the deal, even if it is in absolute horrid condition its a $20 MOSIN !!! , at a absolute worst case scenario its parts. Best case scenario I disassemble it and soak the metal parts in foam cleaner and we see what happens ............... I do solemnly swear by INGO , that I will NOT use an arrow/metal rod or over sized patches in the cleaning of this rifle.

I am not getting it till Wednesday, so wish me luck :):

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    We await your pictures and description of the "find." Good luck in cleaning it up.

Oh, and by the way I'll match the $10 and throw in an extra $5.

zoglog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Hendricks Co
    I didn't get around to mentioning this in your other thread. But a BIG +1 for you asking for help, when you know that you screwed up. Lots of respect to you!

If you need to trade I will match what was said above and give you an arrow, metal road, and pre-cut patches as a trade!

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 17, 2010
    I didn't get around to mentioning this in your other thread. But a BIG +1 for you asking for help, when you know that you screwed up. Lots of respect to you!

If you need to trade I will match what was said above and give you an arrow, metal road, and pre-cut patches as a trade!

well I AM short an arrow, metal rod and patches ..... hhmmmmmm

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Hey, I think just the metal road in itself is worth it. grin/

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Don't forget to use your williamnewman1 officially licensed gunsmithing kit!

sledgehammer.jpg

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Don't forget to use your williamnewman1 officially licensed gunsmithing kit!

sledgehammer.jpg

I got one of those from Brownell's. That and my old school Dremel Tool with just the high speed are the best gunsmithing tools EVER...I mean seriously, a guy with ZERO gunsmithing experiance can totally destroy a hundred years of history with those tools.....:):

zoglog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Hendricks Co
    Good eye, I will leave it there for the world to see. Auto-correct is NOT your friend. OP I am NOT going to trade a metal road, just metal rod.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 17, 2010
    update,
    went and picked up the rifle today, when my brother said it was not functioning it was because there was a spent round stuck in the barrel ............ thats right, some tapping from a rod and the shell fell free ..

the bolt has some rust that i will brush up and the bore is a sewer pipe so its soaking in bore cleaner now ........... but she looks great, a nice 1942 91/30 mosin that just needs some love for $20 , I'm feeling like I got the INGO score of the month

BtG

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 11, 2013
    west central
    To the OP,

You got one hell of a bargain, even with that sewer pipe bore. Classic Arms was selling blank receivers for $50 around 2 years ago. The bolt is worth about $45ish and the stock about the same. That gun might be a good candidate for a target rifle build. But check the markings on the gun before you just go ripping the barrel out of the receiver. Just my $00.02.

Top Bottom