• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Everything is in stock around here. Both at Walmart and at the local candy shop. :dunno:

And 9mm is that much cheaper.
    Ahhh, but that is subject to change at a moments notice. How short our memories are, we just ended a nearly 2 YEAR ammo shortage just because of an election that went unfavorably, and the whole time .40 was readily avail. while .380, 9mm, .357, .45, 7.62x39, .223, etc was on backorder for months and months at a time. During that shortage I witnessed .380 and 9mm selling for $75 per box of 50 WWB. Anyone remember?

Hit

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2010
    I'll second the S&W M&P 9 ... great pistol as is and there are some aftermarket parts (e.g. the apex sears, etc) if you want to tweak it as well.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    He mentioned Glock to me and I'm not really worried too much about the cost of ammo because if Walmart doesn't have it, one of the 4 shops where he lives will have some, if not there is always ammoman.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    The P95 will be on the list. We've got a handful of local shops we can check out and I told him I'd let him know when some of the upcoming shows are so we can see if we can find something used he likes. If I can find him a deal like I helped my uncle find he'll be happy. Helped my uncle pick up a Beretta 92FS used for a pretty good price(I really liked the half a mag I put through that the night we picked it up).

alluwant

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    your friend lives up north i would prefer to go to midwest gun exchange is mishiwacka not sure about the spelling or go to warsaw they have a shop there as well they had some excellent deals this holiday season

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Warsaw has 3 shops(maybe 1 with decent prices, 1 with an owner that is pretty clueless, and one that is too cluttered to the point I avoid it) and Big R with a decent selection(not sure of the prices). Easy drive to Goshen, Elkhart, and Mishawaka. I've been to both Midwest stores(Mishawaka has a really good selection). I've been wanting to check out ZX in Goshen and I know he spends some time there every few weeks so I might have to ride along.

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    If you MUST go 9mm, I believe a Glock 17, 19, and/or 26 are great buys, however, please keep in mind that 9mm only pisses off bad guys and you should really step up to the plate to a .45 ;) (Somebody had to do it!)

fnpfan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.9%
    31   1   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Larwill
    if u want a cheap reliable truck gun go for the hi point 9mm, people talk alot of crap about them but i have 1 and its a good gun, dont get me wrong i have some way nicer ones like my fnp9 and my xdm9 but the hipoint is a good tool box or truck gun

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    I like my Beretta PX-4 in 9mm as this as the best shooting pistol I own in 9mm, adjustable backstraps and 17 round magazine as standard but can get 20 round magazines.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    used Taurus PT111 9mm $299.00 SHIPS FREE

used Ruger P89 9mm $299.00 SHIPS FREE

used Springfield XD 9mm 10rd $350.00 SHIPS FREE

That XD is probably already sold... But $350 for the service-size XD is a great price used or not.

Also have him on the look out for the single stack 2nd and 3rd generation S&W semi-automatics. They're often in the $300-ish range. (I think that Bradis had a 915 + 3 mags for $325 last fall) They turn up every once in a while.

Heck, for a truck gun, even one of the S&W Sigma pistols would fill that bill VERY nicely. Can find brand new ones for $300-ish.

PeterJLH09

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Greenwood, IN
    Sig makes a solid reliable gun. Also, a Glock 23. They run a little more new, but you can usually find something used for a good price. Plus, the 23 is convertible: you can switch out the barrel for both a 9mm and .357..40 for self defense, and 9mm for Target. Obviously you'd wanna shoot some .40 to get used to the feel of the gun, and recoil, but then you could plink away with your "cheap" ammo, just for fun.:draw:

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I looked at that Bersa awhile back when I had extra cash.

I'm not sure he'd be able to find the spare time to make that kind of a drive. He works 6 days a week and when he gets off on Saturday its all about wifey and the church and Sunday is about the church.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I was more suggesting Bersa in general. They are reasonably priced used, and have great customer service and a Lifetime warranty.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I bought my wife a Bersa Thunder a few years ago brand new for about $250 but it is the single stack. I think the double stack models are about $50 higher but all in all a fine gun with a good feel and not a bad trigger either except for the MIM parts....so far so good though.

smokestack

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 17, 2010
    Lafayette
    I bought a Ruger P95 brand new with two 15 round mags for $299. For a brand new gun that's a hard to beat deal. I hate to admit it but I've had it for a year now and never shot it !

Top Bottom