• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scooter-2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    I loaded some 9mm 115gr. extreme plated rn bullets. with w231 powder, the cases will not eject very well. I have ruger sr9, and a glock26. the rounds shoot in the 26 very well. the ruger will not eject the cases very well. I loaded the bullets with 4.5 gr. of w231. oal 1.100. this is from hornady book. it acts a light load to me. I know the ruger could have a stronger spring than the glock. any information would be appreciated. scooter-2

Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 29, 2011
    SWI
    Where at in the range of load data are you? I would go with to light for that gun checking for signs of overpressure. If I remember right off hand that is not near the top of the range.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    Glock wins again! LOL

I would walk it up a little.
    My Lee book has lead 115 starting at 4.3
    Can't find any 115 FMJ or plated info, but there is data for 124
    The data for 115 XTP hollow point starts at 4.7 & OAL at 1.125

I would walk it up to 4.7, 4.8, and maybe 4.9.
    Max for the 115 XTP is 5.1.

1.100 OAL seems fine, but I wouldn't go any deeper than that.
    Maybe try 1.125

Hope this helps.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    I recently aquired my first two 9mm's; new Glock 26 G4 and slightly used Ruger P95 and so had to start working up new loads. I am using 124gr plated and Bullseye, don't have my numbers in front of me right now. Both shoot and cycle great with the 124gr factory ammo I ran untill I got my dies and bullets. My first light load worked fine in the Glock but not in the Ruger. I have bumped the powder up and now every thing has been working in both. Start with light loads and work up without going over accepted loads is how you find out what works in each gun. Jim.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    This is one load that there is a wide difference between loads. The Hornady book calls for a max of 4.7 gr of 231 under a 115 gr FMJ at 1.100" COL

The Speer book calls for 5.2 to 5.7 gr WW231 under a 115 gr FMJ at under 1.169" The Speer books testing was in a Beretta 92.

In a 1911 it is easy to put in a lighter spring if you want to shoot wimpy loads. I doubt many other springs are available for the Ruger. I would go up a couple of tenths in your powder charge.

I have a couple thousand of the Extreme plated bullets. They are a little bit undersized at .354" That makes them slide down the barrel easy and never develop the full pressure. In my firearms those bullets are more accurate with a little more powder charge. Good Luck

Top Bottom