• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    The lower is not built 100% but, I could not resist a few quick pics, Double Diamond Law Enforcement Lower and Upper, 5.8" barrel, 22.5" compressed IDE stock and grip, Troy LPK, Ambi safety, mag release etc, Gemtech MM 9mm is bought, just waiting on a Silencer stamp

3961d1356646398-sbr-dedicated-9mm-pics-2012-12-27-17.00.25.jpg

2012-12-27152100_zps74dc1682.jpg

Last edited:

Echelon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    I remember seeing your lower in the Class III engraving thread. Are you sure the CO2 engraving you have meets the depth requirements? I'm very interested in getting that style of engraving done, but am worried it doesn't go deep enough, can you confirm its depth?

LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    I remember seeing your lower in the Class III engraving thread. Are you sure the CO2 engraving you have meets the depth requirements? I'm very interested in getting that style of engraving done, but am worried it doesn't go deep enough, can you confirm its depth?

I believe it has to be a minimum of .003" the laser engrave assured me that this is acceptable,"

) On the Frame or Receiver the Serial number;
    2) on the frame, receiver, or barrel the following additional information;
    A)The model;
    B)The caliber or gage;
    C)Your name or name of the Trust in the case of a Trust (no abbreviations are permitted for the Trust name);
    D)The city and state (you can abbreviate the state with the official 2 digit state code)
    BATFE Engraving Requirements for Short-Barreled Rifle or Shotgun (SBS/SBR) - NFA Gun Trust Lawyer Blog

Echelon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    I believe it has to be a minimum of .003" the laser engrave assured me that this is acceptable,"

) On the Frame or Receiver the Serial number;
    2) on the frame, receiver, or barrel the following additional information;
    A)The model;
    B)The caliber or gage;
    C)Your name or name of the Trust in the case of a Trust (no abbreviations are permitted for the Trust name);
    D)The city and state (you can abbreviate the state with the official 2 digit state code)
    BATFE Engraving Requirements for Short-Barreled Rifle or Shotgun (SBS/SBR) - NFA Gun Trust Lawyer Blog

That was my understanding, as long as it is at least 0.003" depth, it is good to go. It looks much nicer than standard engraving IMHO.

Very nice build sir, I'm in the middle of a 9mm sbr build as well, just need to get the barrel ordered.

t1545jh

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Kokomo
    I was thinking about building one of these myself until the parts market went crazy. I guess I will just wait till things calm down.

LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    I was thinking about building one of these myself until the parts market went crazy. I guess I will just wait till things calm down.

You could build a pistol, or Double Diamond is taking orders for future lowers right now***

I lucked out by getting all of my SBR parts in this week, and I pretty much have all of the rifles I have wanted to build, I "might" build an AR .308 next , with something like a 20"/21" barrel.

That would give me a 5.8" (9mm) , 14",(.5.56) 16" (5.56) and then a future build of 21" (.308) barrel in the AR platform,:ar15:

Top Bottom