• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SS 396

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 7, 2012
    Coatesville
    Hey Ingoers, i need some advice, just noticed these lines on the bottom of my cases. Seems like it has recently started i have not noticed it before.
    They are loaded on a Lee classic turret with RCBS dies and a lee FCD. I do not think it is a Glock bulge they have only been shot in my 1911.
    You can slightly feel a ridge with your fingernail. What do you think i have going on here? I am no rookie been loading several years have not had this problem before.

Robjps

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2011
    I don't see a problem, is it possible you are talking about where your sizing die doesn't go all the way down not sizing the last little bit of the case?

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    that's how all mine have ever looked. it's just where the sizer stops sizing at the top of the case head (where it can't size any more). you've probably just not noticed it before. load away.

-rvb

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    After a while a noticeable high point forms. If I leave the brass in the tumbler a long time it really stands out.

I watch for failures at that spot, but I've never seen any...yet.

SS 396

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 7, 2012
    Coatesville
    Thank You everyone, exactly what it looks like where the sizer stops, and 9mm cases are tapered probably makes it stand out worse. I have been shooting them with no problems i will carry on Thanks again.

Bigdodge

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2014
    Kokomo
    Thanks for asking. I just reloaded a bunch of rounds myself and noticed the same thing and was curious. Then I found this thread.

Top Bottom