• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hick185

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    ria makes a 9mm. at least thats what the almighty google says. i was given a ria 45 as a gift and i personally think its a good firearm. not the best 1911 but very much worth the price.
    i don't know if we're allowed to direct people to another forum or not. but there is a 1911 forum that has a section just for ria's if you want to read up on them.

jason867

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    113   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    New Castle
    ria makes a 9mm. at least thats what the almighty google says. i was given a ria 45 as a gift and i personally think its a good firearm. not the best 1911 but very much worth the price.
    i don't know if we're allowed to direct people to another forum or not. but there is a 1911 forum that has a section just for ria's if you want to read up on them.

My dad loves his Rock Island 9mm 1911. Never any malfunctions and shoots great & accurate.

picture.php

hueycrew

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2010
    Cabot
    I converted my RIA 38 super to 9mm with a barrel change about 4 years ago. Its pretty accurate and very reliable. Rock Island does make a 1911 9mm Tactical as well as the standard model. Tactical model has a beavertail grip safety, novak style rear sight, and the front is plain black. The slide has a dovetail cut for the front sight. Another option is the STI Spartan in 9mm. Armscor frame with STI slide and internals. Little more money however, it has the options I would want.

Rock Island 1911 9MM Tactical Handgun Part #AC-RI1911TACA 9MM

STI Spartan 9mm "In Stock Going Fast" Best Value Match Grade 1911 Pistol on the Market "BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE" Check it out! Detail Page

Last edited:

flyboy727

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Evansville area
    I have a Springfield Armory 45 cal., I would like to get the SA EMP 9mm.

Check out:

Springfield Armory EMP 9mm
    Colt Defender 9mm
    Colt New Agent 9mm ( has a trench site, but a sweet gun, be awesome with a laser grip)

LuckyGunner

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    .357 Mag 1911

Everyone seems to have covered the 9mm side of the OP question. There is a .357 Mag 1911 out there. They are called the Coonan. Pretty interesting handgun. The grip is pretty wide. The recoil is mild and accuracy is solid. One of the members of my range has one and brings it out every once in awhile.

If you are looking for one I've seen a couple float through Gunbroker.

Top Bottom