• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    8 States Threatening To Remove Obama From Ballot-FL, CA… Common? Sense…

Basically on Otc 30th obama will have to submit proof of US Birth to 9 states (just upped from 8 today).

Can you imagine the outrage if one (or more) of those states kick obama off and he loses by one state?

Riots will be an understatement. In any event, however this shakes out it will look like a GOP tactic to force an original document to appear in 9 different states on the same day.

I'd be tickled pink if obama gets found ineligible. I still don't think mccain has a chance to win and we'd be much better off with a different democrat... it'd be just like mccain winning :laugh:

Sorry, off my own topic.

Anyway, keep an eye on this one. It won't matter that obama brought this on himself by refusing to present documentation weeks (months) ago. It's going to be a "evil white devil plot" to keep him down.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I have to agree that it will not be allowed to happen, but just to think for a minute that if it is true, and becomes THE October surprise, wow.

Talk about fighting in the streets!

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    9 states now threatening to remove obama from their ballots
    8 States Threatening To Remove Obama From Ballot-FL, CA… Common? Sense…
    I think this is exaggeration. The states are not attempting to remove him from the ballot, it appears that individuals have filed suit in those states to force the issue. Too little too late. And Berg's claims about the Request for Admissions being deemed admitted because they were not denied ignores that there was a motion to delay discovery until after the standing issue was resolved. Though the 3rd Circuit (which includes the E.D. Pa.) is pretty tough on those resisting discovery, I'm not so sure that the effect of the motion to delay discovery did not stay the 30 day rule in F.R.Civ.P. Rule 36. Also, I believe Berg's case has been dismissed,and Rule 26(b) provides, "Any admission made by a party under this rule is for the purpose of the pending action only and is not an admission for any other purpose nor may it be used against the party in any other proceeding." So unless Berg's appeal revives the action, even if the RFA is deemed admitted, it will have no continuing effect.

Last edited:

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    I think these have the proverbial snowball's chance at this point.

What is interesting to me is that, if elected, Obama would be the first US President since Andrew Jackson whose father was "foreign born" as far as I can tell. Andrew Jackson Sr was born in Ireland, according to wikipedia.com.

By that I mean, not born within the current borders of the United States. Of course George Washington and some of the early Presidents' fathers weren't born in the United States (since it didn't exist yet) but they were born in the colonies in North America; a locale within the existing borders of the United States.

Two more weird observations...if elected, he'll be the first President whose last name ends with the letter 'A' and the first to end with a vowel since Calvin Coolidge, 1923-1929.

:patriot:

MinuteManMike

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Lawrence, IN
    I can't believe Hillary didn't go there a long time ago to save her own bacon.

I still cannot fathom how the judge dismissed the case based on "lack of standing".

If any one single voter in the entire country has no standing regarding candidates in a presidential election, then tell me what citizen does? This turns the Constitution and common sense on its head.

What a messed up election.

96harley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    Martinsville
    I, being a US citizen, have to show proof of who I am in order to vote. Like I said before I have to have a birth certificate to get the identification required to be shown at the polls. Why is this guy any different? He's running for the office in order to become president of this nation.
    By the way this is a Christian nation and not that of Islam.

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    I, being a US citizen, have to show proof of who I am in order to vote. Like I said before I have to have a birth certificate to get the identification required to be shown at the polls. Why is this guy any different? He's running for the office in order to become president of this nation.
    By the way this is a Christian nation and not that of Islam.

:+1:

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    I, for one, don't believe Obama went to Hawaii last week JUST to see his grandmother. This is a guy who criticized McCain for leaving the campaign to work on the bailout and won't help his own brother in Kenya. No, he had some loose ends to tie up in HI.

teh Nub

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Clark Co
    Video on the topic [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gA6_k3NtXZs]YouTube - Obama Citizenship: I Invented The Internet (Ep. 6: October Surprise)[/ame]

MinuteManMike

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Lawrence, IN
    No Muslim will ever head this country if he's open about his religion. Ever.

And Obama would lose half the black vote overnight if he revealed he was Islamic.

Scout

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    near Fort Wayne
    Did anyone catch this?

"Seattle WA. 10/22/2008 — Lawsuits in eight states as of this writing– Hawaii, Washington, California, Florida, Georgia. Pennsylvania, New York and Connecticut, are seeking judicial authority to force the certifying or decertifying of Senator Barack Obama’s qualification to run as a candidate for President as a natural born U.S. Citizen. Previously, two lawsuits have failed to force the certifying documents from Obama."

According to internet wisdom, he was born in Hawaii. How can there be an issue there?

rcuhljr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Carmel
    Chose for yourself if snopes.com is reliable, but more info.

snopes.com: Is Barack Obama a natural-born citizen of the U.S.?

Snopes and fact check.

FactCheck.org: Born in the U.S.A.

also, pet peeve of mine, but to the person who said this country was founded as a christian nation, most of the founding fathers where either influenced by deistic thought or were actually published deists. >.>

The religious issue was dragged out, and stirred up flames of hatred and intolerance. Clergymen, mobilizing their heaviest artillery of thunder and brimstone, threatened Christians with all manner of dire consequences if they should vote for the "infidel" from Virginia. This was particularly true in New England, where the clergy stood like Gibraltar against Jefferson (Jefferson A Great American's Life and Ideas, Mentor Books, 1964, p.116)

According to internet wisdom, he was born in Hawaii. How can there be an issue there?

Because it only takes one person to file a lawsuit?

Top Bottom