• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    C'mon femurphy77...it wasn't because they hated our freedom.

You don't think it's important to understand the mindset & motivation of those who seek to harm you? You don't see any value in reading Mein Kampf? No value in learning about the lies told to German citizens & the national fervor which led to the Holocaust?

Please keep in mind that these hijackers were children at some point. I find it very interesting to consider what happened in their lives that made them hate us so much as to hop on some airplanes & crash them into skyscrapers. It's not because they're brown, it's not because they're Muslims, & it's not because they live in sand... It's because they felt oppressed & they came to see the WTC as a symbol of their oppression.

I, personally, do not see any value in remaining ignorant of the motivation behind detestable deeds. It helps us to better understand human nature & reaffirms the importance of being good international neighbors through diplomacy (not entangling alliances & war) & rendering real international aid when/where aid is really needed.

Based on the article you linked, I do not believe they are trying to raise up the hijackers as either martyrs nor heroes. Knowledge is power.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    This is a good idea, why don't we also start putting together other videos of mad-dog murderers to get their perspectives, as well as those of rapists and child molesters to see what motivates these poor souls so we can accept them as sterling human beings. If we only understood the depraved minds of these misunderstood martyrs maybe we would find their actions acceptable and celebrate them. Dear Leader Barack would be proud.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I don't know maybe I am looking at this wrong, perhaps if I listen to their side of the story I'll appreciate the fact that these fairly well to do, educated young people felt the rage and need to kill needlessly. I wonder if anybody has done a similar presentation for son-of-sam, or jack the ripper, I bet jack never had a puppy as a child. Justifying what they did, in any way shape or form will only legitimize what they did. I am beginning to convert to one of their mindsets though. . . .KILL THEM ALL!

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Oh, you only wanted emotional vitriol in this thread.

Mods, please add "(Emotional responses only)" to the thread title to avoid any confusion.

Continue on. :facepalm:

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Yeah you're right I do tend to be a little emotional about 3000+ of my fellow countrymen being mowed down for no reason. I get emotional seeing those coffins come off of the C17's, I get emotional when I hear the ballad of the green beret, I tear up everytime i hear the National Anthem. I guess I'm just an emotional kind of guy.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    I suppose only apologisms for cold-blooded killing should be allowed and we should be barred from describing it for what it is. Let's sugarcoat it, let's pretend they wouldn't be crazy if we only gave in to all their demands. See children, terrorism does work. The spirit of Neville Chamberlain lives on!

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

Please keep in mind that these hijackers were children at some point. I find it very interesting to consider what happened in their lives that made them hate us so much as to hop on some airplanes & crash them into skyscrapers. It's not because they're brown, it's not because they're Muslims, & it's not because they live in sand... It's because they felt oppressed & they came to see the WTC as a symbol of their oppression.

I.................

Really?!? They live in an OPPRESSIVE regime. Their despotic rulers
    and mullahs keep them down under control and then blame US (the west) for their problems
    when their country is a stink hole so the little children have someone other
    than the nutjobs running 99% of those countries to blame. Get real.:n00b:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    From a friend:

For those who planned, supported, endorsed, and rejoiced in the attacks on our country that left 3000 innocent people dead and countless others suffering and ill due to the aftermath of the attacks: may you draw your last breath at the hands of a 19 year old Lance Corporal from Mississippi who will take time only to join his buddies in a ceremonial urination into the crater that was once your home before he moves on to the next objective.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Paco, I"m sorry. This little stunt is BS and I can't support it. How dare they. All these bleeding heart liberals might start feeling sorry for these monsters. Why should they?!?!?! They killed our family, our friends, our heros. I don't care why. I don't care if their mommy let daddy beat them. I don't care if their Country was a **** hole and they felt the need to meet Allah sooner than later.

I care that they did this to us in the name of Islam. I care that my fellow American's died because we have a presence in the Middle East. I care that America got sucker punched in the face. I care that America stuck a boot in their arse! I care that I went to work one September morning without a care in the world, cleaned up the front lobby of Plainfield Auto Sales, turned on the TV to see one Twin Tower burning and 2 minutes later a second plane hit the second tower on LIVE TV! I care that I almost quit my job because I told my boss to shove it when he told us to get to work. I care because I watched as 3000+ of my fellow American's lost their lives as the Twin Towers fell on Live TV.

I HATE THIS WHOLE IDEA BECAUSE IT DISGRACES THE MEMORIES OF ALL THOSE WHO DIED AND ALL THOSE WHO LOST LOVED ONE'S ON THAT HORRIBLE DAY!!!!!

I can not NOT be emotional about this. I can't write this without tears in my eyes.

Excuse me while I go start a new thread "America the Beautiful" now.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    From a friend:

For those who planned, supported, endorsed, and rejoiced in the attacks on our country that left 3000 innocent people dead and countless others suffering and ill due to the aftermath of the attacks: may you draw your last breath at the hands of a 19 year old Lance Corporal from Mississippi who will take time only to join his buddies in a ceremonial urination into the crater that was once your home before he moves on to the next objective.

Dangit, I'm getting emotional again!! Shooter, buy your friend a beer for me!

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    This is a good idea, why don't we also start putting together other videos of mad-dog murderers to get their perspectives, as well as those of rapists and child molesters to see what motivates these poor souls so we can accept them as sterling human beings.

We already do. Their stories are in books and video documentaries. This is nothing new!

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    We already do. Their stories are in books and video documentaries. This is nothing new!

Really, do we place them next to their memorials and shove it down the throats of their victims and the victims' families? Does the Holocaust museum explore the poor, downtrodden German people who just wanted to left alone by those vicious Jews (a familiar refrain in this context)?

Tinman

I'm just enjoying the show!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    From a friend:

Your friend has a way with words.

My thoughts on this are pretty simple, do we need to study and understand the motives and actions of our enemy, sure. It makes us more efficient at recognizing them and addressing them appropriately.

This study does not however belong in a memorial museum dedicated to the memory of those they murdered.

Our law enforcement and physiological communities have been studying the perpetrators of evil crimes for years, it’s necessary, but I don’t recall anyone suggesting that excerpts from Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold’s websites be placed as part of the memorial to Columbine.

Tinman....

Last edited:

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    So, I guess the consensus is that a MUSEUM should only allow you to explore half of an event.

If it were purely a memorial, I would certainly agree. The act was despicable & inexcusable. But since it's to be a museum, I think it's more than appropriate to allow visitors to explore ALL aspects of the events in an unbiased context.

Personally, I think it's a bad idea to mix memorial & museum, simply because so many people have such difficulty separating emotion from knowledge.

Of course, I prefer to assume people are mature, rational adults & not emotionally unstable children who need to be protected...

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    That's right. How dare the Holocaust Museum not cast an understanding eye towards those poor, oppressed, Nazis yearning to breathe free (of Jews). How racist to deny those poor Aryans a seat at the table of remembrance.

Tinman

I'm just enjoying the show!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Please recheck your facts:

"president of the National September 11 Memorial & Museum "

straight out of the article. If they choose to make the memorial a museum, I still say it's not appropriate to have the terrorists point of view there.

Tinman....

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom