• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunworks321

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Noblesville
    There are many u-tube videos on finishing up an 80% receiver. You will need a jig of some kind or you will end up with a paper weight. Legally ( and I am not an attorney) you can do as many as you like, just can't sell them without BATF approval.

amafrank

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Hagerstown
    You can legally sell any guns you build and you are not limited to a certain number. You don't need BATF's permission either. What the law says is that you cannot be in the business of selling home made guns or any guns for that matter. You need a manufacturers or dealers license for those. They ask that you put a serial number and makers markings on any guns you sell. You can give them away, sell or trade them as long as you're not doing it for profit.....

As for info on building up 80% receivers you can find the info here and there as others noted.

Frank

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    all depends on the weapon system there are a lot of people out there that make 80% receiver ive done a sten mkIII, rpd, 4 aks, 2 10/22's, so far from 80% receivers and currently building a pkm from a 80% receiver what weapon are we talking

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    not every leo knows there stuff but i have ran into it before..... in my case it was a extremely old firearm but its nothing to worry about..... now a removed serial number that's another story but i can tell you the atf is teaching newer cops that its not illegal to build guns and just because there is no visible serial number doesn't mean its a hot weapon as of early this year

Top Bottom