• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DEC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Angola
    I had the pleasure of guiding for my young friend Noah. Noah is a paraplegic who just 16 months ago was a normal kid until a downhill skiing accident changed his life forever on Christmas Eve of 2012. Noah does not know the word "cannot". He has more drive and will than anyone that I have ever met. When he wanted to bow hunt only, I took on the challenge willingly.

It took about 15 hours of blind time over two days, but this morning Noah center punched a long beard at 8 yards with his compound bow (no different than any bow that you or I would shoot). A lot has to come together to get any youth a turkey, but to have a youth determined to do it out of a bow when they cannot re-position ... EVERYTHING has to happen perfectly. On Easter morning of 2014 ... everything was perfect. Oh ... and we did it all on video too.:biggrin:

Noah and his victory, just 16 months after a life altering accident. NO EXCUSES ... just pure guts.

Noah's dad (left), Noah, and Myself

Last edited:

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    My congratulations to that young man for accepting that challenge head on and getting it done.

May it be the first of many to come...

Th
    anks for sharing..

WilsonMD

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 31, 2014
    Crown Point
    That's awesome! It is difficult enough to harvest turkey with a bow, much less with an added degree of difficulty. Way to overcome, young man.

OP, good on ya also!

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    I am always happy to see folks that don't give up and the folks that give their time achieve a goal. Thanks for sharing your achievement with us!

Top Bottom