• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    In the most recent mailer they offered a special where you could sign up friends and family and whoever else for only $20.00. Which is a great deal. That is even cheaper than the Recruiters can get you signed up for - which is $25.

So what do I need to do to get the $20 deal? My membership expired 12/31 and I want to renew. I want to help and be a member, but as a college student right now, I also want to do it for the cheapest price that I can.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    So what do I need to do to get the $20 deal? My membership expired 12/31 and I want to renew. I want to help and be a member, but as a college student right now, I also want to do it for the cheapest price that I can.

That was my question as well. Would love to get the $20 deal. Another question, coming from a paranoid information security analyst, how much unsolicited propaganda do you get once you join?

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Another question, coming from a paranoid information security analyst, how much unsolicited propaganda do you get once you join?

Probably a lot.
    You can stop ALL unsolicited mailings though by simply calling member services and requesting to be removed from the mailing list.

You will then only get your desired magazine and notices when your subscription is due to expire.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Probably a lot.
    You can stop ALL unsolicited mailings though by simply calling member services and requesting to be removed from the mailing list.

You will then only get your desired magazine and notices when your subscription is due to expire.

Excellent, thank you for that information!

Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    True. The Distinguished Life Membership. $375.00 Regardless of level of disability.

Also the same rate for anyone 65 and older.

ETA:
    And this too is offered on their Easy Pay Life plan. 15 quarterly payments @ $25.00.

Really? I didn't know about this! With my 70% rating, I should qualify!

Thanks for the info!

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    I've always had mixed feelings about these discounted life memberships. The AMA (that's motorcycle, mot medicine) does the same thing. I became a life member of the AMA by paying annual dues untill life membership was awarded to me (25 or 30 years, I don't remember)
    My point is that the NRA, by doing this seems to be sacrificing long term funding for the short term. I'm sure that the upcoming political battles will be the most expensive in NRA history, hence the need for quick cash.
    But I'm a firm believer that just when you think you've made it through the roughest times, things get worse. (Isn't that one of Edsel Murphys correlaries?) If that happens, the NRA may find itself in a serious cash bind.
    While these offers are, indeed attractive, and I may participate, I hope they are not self destructive. We need Organizations like the NRA and the AMA to continue through the generations.

Oldsmolet

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    Bloomington
    I called the number and the lady said there was no deal for non members. I asked with sponsor and she said no. Then I said ok I'll pay a year then 500. She said she couldn't do that and was rude the whole time so I told her to forget it. Does she hate getting people to join? Not want to fill out paperwork?

im really disappointed. I've went back and forth about joining decide I should then the lady acts like I'm wasting her time.
    $35 a year was all she would say.

Top Bottom