• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

harms

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    I know this has probably been beat to death but I don't quite understand this rule.
    Quote form FAQS

"We do not intend for the Classifieds section to become another "Craigslist" or "eBay" for guns. We require 50 "quality" posts because many of our members do not like to do business, especially in regards to firearms, with people they do not know. Posting in other places in the forums can give members an idea of what kind of person you are (in general). You do not have to necessarily post about firearms. You can spend all of your time posting on the silly threads in the Break Room. The idea is to show us a little bit of your personality. You don't have to give us your life history. A small blood sample will suffice."

I can understand this a little if you are trying to sell something but what more do you need from a buyer than payment to tell if he is a stand up guy? It really seems a little anti-gun to me not to let someone at least buy a gun. I have never been given a punch card at a gunshop and been told to come back fifty times before I can buy something. I understand that is not the same cause the gunshop is in business but you can see what I am saying and one would think buying a gun from a member might help them out in these troubled financial times.

OK enough ranting. BTW, does this qualify as a quality post?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Good first post but this has been covered Ad nauseam.

The FAQ tab at the top right of your browser window has all the info.
    We want to get to know you before you post a couple of items for sale or buy up another good deal and disappear into the ether.

Thanks!

Oh, and :welcome: to :ingo: :D

For more clarification on the 50 post rule please send a PM to Scutter01 or Pami........ :thumbsup:

/thread

Last edited:

Big John

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    I believe the point of those rules was to become part of the community not just get 50 to hit the classifieds.

I did place an ad in the classifieds shortly after 50 post but it was not my goal, INGO seems like a great place. One member Britton offered to send another member a free part to get him up and running and he did not even purchase the gun from him.

Take your time enjoy the surroundings you will see there is much more to INGO then the classifieds.:)

I might become a supporter just so I can have this in my sig line.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    One thing to remember is that the classifieds are a "bennie" for forum participants. Part of the reason for the 50 post rule is to discourage folk from coming just to buy/sell stuff.

If one is an active forum participant that 50 posts will go by quickly. If one is not, well, read the first sentence again.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    INGO is a community first, and the classifieds are offered as a perk to that community. Once you are a vetted (50 posts) member of this community, you are welcome to sell your wares among the other members.

You don't get treated like this at a gun shop because we are NOT a gun shop, and we try very hard to NOT be a gun shop-- we are a community of gun enthusiasts.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I know this has probably been beat to death but I don't quite understand this rule.
    Quote form FAQS

"We do not intend for the Classifieds section to become another "Craigslist" or "eBay" for guns. We require 50 "quality" posts because many of our members do not like to do business, especially in regards to firearms, with people they do not know. Posting in other places in the forums can give members an idea of what kind of person you are (in general). You do not have to necessarily post about firearms. You can spend all of your time posting on the silly threads in the Break Room. The idea is to show us a little bit of your personality. You don't have to give us your life history. A small blood sample will suffice."

I can understand this a little if you are trying to sell something but what more do you need from a buyer than payment to tell if he is a stand up guy? It really seems a little anti-gun to me not to let someone at least buy a gun. I have never been given a punch card at a gunshop and been told to come back fifty times before I can buy something. I understand that is not the same cause the gunshop is in business but you can see what I am saying and one would think buying a gun from a member might help them out in these troubled financial times.

OK enough ranting. BTW, does this qualify as a quality post?

You're correct, there aren't usually punch cards at gun shops. However... If you walk in the front door, see a gun you want in the case, and say you'll take it, what do you want to bet you'll pay the full marked price on the tag, where one of the guys who's in there every day just "shootin' the breeze" might get a nice discount off the price or get some goodies thrown in that you'd pay extra to take home?

Sure, without that rule, you might come in here and buy a gun. With it, though, you just might meet a friend or several and when you say "Hey, I've been looking for a __________", one of them might hook you up with a good deal... and maybe a place to shoot and someone to shoot with.

Fifty quality posts goes very quickly if you get involved.

Blessings,
    Bill

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    i say from now on anyone who starts this thread is banned right away. i bet the mods have there responces to this thread coppied so they can just paste there responce instid of typing it for the 100th time.

seriously how many of these have there been

harms

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Thanks for all the responses. I understand what you are all saying and the gunshop comparison was noted as being different cause of the business aspect. I have met more people in my life (many of them close friends) buying and selling guns than I have than explaining "what the best bear defense gun is" or "is the 30-30 enough for moose". I guess I take it a little different because my nearest "gunshop" is 150 miles oneway and I use forum classified's to buy 99% of all my guns.
    Thanks for listening
    PS keep this going so I can get 10 posts and pm the guy with the rifle I have been looking for years :)

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    PS keep this going so I can get 10 posts and pm the guy with the rifle I have been looking for years :)

I'd like to, but you'd just have 50 more people telling you that this topic's been covered multiple times. It'll get boring after a while. :D

I now release you onto the rest of the forum! Go forth and post!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom