• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Archer46176

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 21, 2012
    South East of Indy
    Does anyone know who the company with the decent deal on ammo cans at the 1500 is? I would like to get some more but I cannot remember who they are and if they have a local store. I went to Indy Army Navy the other day and they had some really crap ammo cans they were trying to get 17.00 each for.
    Does anyone have a cheap source of good condition cans? I prefer the 50 caliber cans as they hold what I have very well. I dont mind some scratches and such but the ones at the army navy store were in nasty nasty shape.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    THE ONLY thing I know is they seem to INCREASE in prices EVERY SHOW !!!!!
    No kidding... I went to my very first 1500 a few years ago and bought 6 SAW cans when I saw they were 3 for $10. :D Went back the next show and they were 3 for $20 so I decided that they were just running low and decided to wait for the price to drop back down. They just kept going higher and higher, and eventually started getting hard to find.:(

I've had several instances where I've come very close to walking right into a deal on a BUNCH of cans, but it just never happened and the source for those deals has essentially dried up the chances of it happening again...

Archer46176

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 21, 2012
    South East of Indy
    Crack shot in Anderson sells them for $10 each. He has a couple different sizes and from what I have seen he is the cheapest around.

Appreciate the tip. I need to get several more to get some things stored. I know there is one tabel set up at the 1500 and they always have nice clean cans and I almost always buy 3-4 but the name of the place escapes me. I actually looked up government liquidation auctions last night and found some 500 piece lots goign for 150.00 but they were out west and I have heard they can be shipped to places like Atterbury for pick up but i don't need 500 ammo cans...LOL

I have a few friends who are in the guard and I was asking them but they said even they aren't really allowed to take them anymore. One is a supply SGT and I figured he could get his sticky fingers on anything but he says he can't get ammo cans...

Dorky_D

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    The shipping on these dudes really gets you! You may find a good deal online, but I have yet to find a deal cheaper than at the 1500 with shipping, unless you buy a whole skid or truck load or something.

Archer46176

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 21, 2012
    South East of Indy
    Well there could be hope yet. My full time National Guard friend who is a supply sgt told me they don't allow them to tke these cans anymore and they actually will smash them with a sledge hammer and toss them in a recycle dumpster. I would think they would send them back to the ammo maker for recycling but they dont, I guess do to the markings and the cost of reapinting maybe who knows...
    Anyway, he said that there is a form they can fill out to request the cans but he is not sure if he can fill out the request form for personal use or if it has to be for the unit. He is going to look into it for me and I will post the results here.
    If he can get them and maybe talk his unit's CO into selling them to me and then donating the money to the civilian liason they have at the armory for use with the families of soldiers I may be able to pull off getting some of these things. I may even try to make an appointment with him and the CO or XO and see if they like the idea. It may be especially attractive to them since they are about to ship a bunch of people over to Kuwait for 9 month tours and we are getting ready to go into the Holiday season.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Appreciate the tip. I need to get several more to get some things stored. I know there is one tabel set up at the 1500 and they always have nice clean cans and I almost always buy 3-4 but the name of the place escapes me. I actually looked up government liquidation auctions last night and found some 500 piece lots goign for 150.00 but they were out west and I have heard they can be shipped to places like Atterbury for pick up but i don't need 500 ammo cans...LOL

I have a few friends who are in the guard and I was asking them but they said even they aren't really allowed to take them anymore. One is a supply SGT and I figured he could get his sticky fingers on anything but he says he can't get ammo cans...

I'm sure, if shipping is reasonable, between several INGO members, we can find homes for 500 cans easily! Heck, if they're cheap enough, I'd take them to the 1500 and sell the extras!

Top Bottom