• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    I would say that on an industrial scale they could make it cheaper and safer than some tweeker making it from that list of ingredients in the trailer next to regular citizens.
    The black market is more expensive b/c of the risk at every level.

Sure, they could make the manufacturing process cheaper/safer but that isn't my concern. My concern is that you then generate a large segment of the population who not only have a raging addiction but also begin to show paranoid schizophrenic tendencies which DO NOT go away with discontinuation of use.

The need for speed: an update on methamphetamine addiction

One of the most prominent effects of MA abuse on cognitive function pertains to the development of drug-related psychosis. Aside from the sudden psychosis-inducing effects of high doses of MA, prior exposure to MA, following metabolism and excretion of the drug, can also lead to an enduring form of psychosis. Studies conducted in Japan, where high levels of MA use have been prevalent for decades, report that between 36% and 64% of MA users who have experienced psychotic symptoms continue to present with these symptoms for more than 10 days after the cessation of MA use, even though the MA is eliminated from the blood stream in less than 5 days.53 Another study investigating female inmates in Japan observed that 21% of those having experienced MA psychosis remained in a psychotic state for more than 6 months, whereas 49% returned to their premorbid state but experienced “flashbacks” (i.e., spontaneous recurrence of psychotic symptoms that would fit criteria for a paranoid-schizophrenia psychotic relapse) during their 15–20 months of incarceration.53 Studies in Japan show that MA users with MA psychosis are much more likely to experience psychotic symptoms again if they use MA and are also more likely to have a psychotic relapse when confronted with stressful situations, even years after cessation of MA use.53

I don't know if you have ever had to deal with such people, but they scare the crap out of me and have a propensity for violence and aggression which is really unmatched.

Joe

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Yeah, cause guns irreparably alter your brain chemistry causing a psychotic state associated with hallucinations and extreme violence.

One of these things is not like the other...

Joe

If what's legal or illegal is your only guide to morality, the differences won't matter.

sgtonory

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 10, 2012
    Carmel
    Not trolling to ban someone from doing something is to imply that someone has ownership of yourself. No one has the right to give someone power to enforce what i do with my money, body, property etc. This however dose not mean you can harm other people or property. So the cops that got shot or died got what was coming to them.

My Thoughts go out to the officers and their families.

For those that have "trolled" in this thread why dont you start a new thread about your disdain for drug laws?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    So the cops that got shot or died got what was coming to them.

Pretty disgusting comment, but it appears not to be isolated in this thread. Who knew drug dealers were looked up to as providing a needed public service but cops are not. This thread just makes me ill.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    None of us were there, so we don't have a first-hand account of what went down, but, generally, when 5 officers are shot serving a warrant, I can show you at least 5 officers who exercised poor tactics. Properly done, it is hard to imagine a scenario in which 1 bad guy shoots 5 officers, especially when the bad guy was not taken out by the officers in return. Small town, not a lot of such activity to hone skills, and a tragedy results.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    Not trolling to ban someone from doing something is to imply that someone has ownership of yourself. No one has the right to give someone power to enforce what i do with my money, body, property etc. This however dose not mean you can harm other people or property. So the cops that got shot or died got what was coming to them.

Guess you didnt get the gist of my post did you, troll?

BTW-Who were you before you got banned?

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    So the cops that got shot or died got what was coming to them.

Please recogize that I don't agree at all with that statement. The cops were doing their job. It is the politicians like Nixon who started the drug war. It takes two sides fo fight a war, and maybe this drug dealer would've lived long without harming anyone, and eventuallg became a good member of society if cops didn't bust down his door (but we don't know all the facts). But don't dishonor a fallen officer who paid the ultimate price, doing what he was told was to protect his community.

Meth is bad, but this dealer was reported to have just had steroids, not meth right? Who nows the otherdetails. You have to admit, the police were the aggressors initially, which is why I believe they need to stop using SWAT for search warrants.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    You have to admit, the police were the aggressors initially, which is why I believe they need to stop using SWAT for search warrants.

Um, I think the guy in the house was the initial aggressor as this whole things stems from arrest for domestic battery. Don't beat women and the cops won't be at your house.

Also, 7 man departments don't have a SWAT team. This appears to have been a normal warrant service until cops started getting shot. According to what I have read, SWAT showed up in reaction to that, not to serve the warrant.

Joe

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009

You are like John Stewart Mills or Jeremy Bentham on a really bad acid trip.

Joe

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Please recogize that I don't agree at all with that statement. The cops were doing their job. It is the politicians like Nixon who started the drug war. It takes two sides fo fight a war, and maybe this drug dealer would've lived long without harming anyone, and eventuallg became a good member of society if cops didn't bust down his door (but we don't know all the facts). But don't dishonor a fallen officer who paid the ultimate price, doing what he was told was to protect his community.

Very well said. I have been puzzling over how to address this point. I often take a rather harsh position particularly regarding no-knock warrants, especially when delivered to the wrong address, raised another order of magnitude when someone gets harmed simply for being at home at the wrong time. My personal positions on the issue are largely flavored by the fact that if it happens to me, it will necessarily be under some combination of the above erroneous circumstances. While I will agree that people have the right to their own personal choices, even those which may be self-destructive in nature, I also have a very difficult time with the level of callousness involved in applauding the shooting of 5 men trying to serve their community to the best of their ability--five men whose families need them. I personally believe that the methods employed and often planned and carried out for reasons I believe better left outside the concern of the state practically beg for tragedy. Even if such persons came braking in on me under he circumstances of the wrong person, wrong address, which should never have happened, and I take care of business with similar results as I would against persons unknown, the next day I would have sorrow for grieving families, not celebration in my heart.

Edit: I got absorbed in a line of thought and signally failed to address the issue that it was a domestic violence call in the first place rather than the 'standard' drug raid. I would further doubt that many among us condone or promote beating women.

Top Bottom