• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Absolutely no need to apologize. I see both sides of the coin. It was the bad guys fault the cop died, and I was playing devils advocate a bit about the aggression. But still, you say what is it worth to get rid of a drug dealing neighbor and I have to ask, was it worth that officer, or any person's (dealer or officer) life? Unless the drugs are laced with cyanide then I say no.

Usually, only people that choose to buy drugs buy from a drug dealer. I do think the notion that every drug dealer is a rotten murderous scumbag is rediculous. I think most are just filling a niche--one that will always exist--because they need more money, and perhaps more fun, than their dead end job can offer. EDIT: Obviously this guy was a real POS, I'm not sticking up for him, but in general the whole concept that all drug dealers are as bad as murderers is BS.

I'm truly more concerned about officer safety then drug dealer's rights on the whole use of SWAT tactics.

Last edited:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I do think the notion that every drug dealer is a rotten murderous scumbag is rediculous. I think most are just filling a niche--one that will always exist--because they need more money, and perhaps more fun, than their dead end job can offer. EDIT: Obviously this guy was a real POS, I'm not sticking up for him, but in general the whole concept that all drug dealers are as bad as murderers is BS.

Wow. This leaves me nearly speechless. I guess they are just misunderstood.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Absolutely no need to apologize. I see both sides of the coin. It was the bad guys fault the cop died

Has a new story developed that I haven't seen?

How do we know he was a "bad guy?" All I've read is they kicked in the guy's door on suspicion of drugs and he shot 5 potential "bad guys." I haven't heard a word about if they knocked first, alerted who they were or even if the guy had anything illegal in his house.

If they busted down his door without knocking and he was a law-abiding citizen with nothing illegal in his possession, who is the bad guy/guys?

No sarcasm and no devil's advocate here...I think they are valid questions.

I get sick to my stomach thinking about how my life would change if a SWAT team busted down my door without knocking and alerting me of who they are.

radonc73

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    Lowell
    As misunderstood as those who make moonshine, beer, other liquer, and all those "legal" drugs that are misunderstood. I mean no one is hooked on the painkillers that Eli Lilly mass produce with the approval of the Gov. do they?
    I mean they can take and put herion in a pill by the millions a year with the blessings of most of the population but Pot and mushrooms which grow wild are illegal. As a police officer do you get a whole lot of domestic distrubances where both parties are stoned or drunk more? All these kids that get killed by the gangbangers fighting over territory are victims of this war. Eli Lilly doesn't pull drivebys on Phizers headquarters.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    0602meth1.jpg

Regular public servants.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    As misunderstood as those who make moonshine, beer, other liquer, and all those "legal" drugs that are misunderstood. I mean no one is hooked on the painkillers that Eli Lilly mass produce with the approval of the Gov. do they?
    I mean they can take and put herion in a pill by the millions a year with the blessings of most of the population but Pot and mushrooms which grow wild are illegal. As a police officer do you get a whole lot of domestic distrubances where both parties are stoned or drunk more? All these kids that get killed by the gangbangers fighting over territory are victims of this war. Eli Lilly doesn't pull drivebys on Phizers headquarters.

Moonshiners, a perfect analogy to what I was trying to say. Most drugs have only been illegal for 50years, but people think they were condemned by Jesus Christ himself. Do you think that moonshiners were all evil bastards? At one time they were persecuted by the feds, and now moonshine runners are hailed as the founders of our beloved NASCAR. It's all relevant. People aren't inherently evil because they use or sell drugs, period. I understand that cops are brainwashed to believe otherwise, enough that they would grab half a dozen M4's and launch an all out assault on a home that could be full of children. The thought is weird and scary to me, and I'm no drug dealer.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    Moonshiners, a perfect analogy to what I was trying to say. Most drugs have only been illegal for 50years, but people think they were condemned by Jesus Christ himself. Do you think that moonshiners were all evil bastards? At one time they were persecuted by the feds, and now moonshine runners are hailed as the founders of our beloved NASCAR. It's all relevant. People aren't inherently evil because they use or sell drugs, period. I understand that cops are brainwashed to believe otherwise, enough that they would grab half a dozen M4's and launch an all out assault on a home that could be full of children. The thought is weird and scary to me, and I'm no drug dealer.

I guess that I now need a grenade launcher to go along with my tank and hobnail boots. When I go to my therapist, I'll ask him.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    Sorry Ihram. I'm sure you're one of the good guys.

The joke about the tank was from someone who stated that we "were swimming in money and that we have a tank" The shoes I wear are converse (they feel better and don't scratch the wife's floor).

I always wanted to be a police officer. It has been a drean fulfilled. I do get to help people and try my best to do so. My first nine years were spent working in narcotics. I covered half of the state and bought stuff than you can imagine. Everything from LSD to heroin. The weed we bought was saturated with PCP. The people I bought from did more burglaries and thefts than you can imagine.

Since those days meth has become the big thing and we get to celebrate being the meth capitol of Indiana. Lucky us. I have also been forced to add CPS to my speed dial. We've had some horrific cases here involving drug uses and their abused children. Please excuse the rant, I can't paint a pretty picture about it and won't.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    What had me wondering in the ride home from work.
    Why did the chief get shoot? I mean typically a person of that rank and age (probably) is not on the "front line per say". He has people under him that he sends to the "front line". Was he the first one in? Did he send his people and after they being shoot he goes in and gets shot himself?

:dunno:

-Jedi

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    Why did the chief get shoot? I mean typically a person of that rank and age (probably) is not on the "front line per say". He has people under him that he sends to the "front line". Was he the first one in? Did he send his people and after they being shoot he goes in and gets shot himself?

-Jedi

Seven person department, there aren't very many chiefs vs. indians. The Chief probably did his fair share of patrol work.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia

-Jedi

It appears that this was a very small department, I'm sure the Chief is relied upon to handle calls and cover shifts due to the lack of manpower. I work for a smaller city and our Chief still covers a shift Monday through Friday. A lot of them don't, but some still do.

EDIT: lrahm beat me to it.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    It appears that this was a very small department, I'm sure the Chief is relied upon to handle calls and cover shifts due to the lack of manpower. I work for a smaller city and our Chief still covers a shift Monday through Friday. A lot of them don't, but some still do.

EDIT: lrahm beat me to it.

We have ESPN.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Absolutely no need to apologize. I see both sides of the coin. It was the bad guys fault the cop died, and I was playing devils advocate a bit about the aggression. But still, you say what is it worth to get rid of a drug dealing neighbor and I have to ask, was it worth that officer, or any person's (dealer or officer) life? Unless the drugs are laced with cyanide then I say no.

Usually, only people that choose to buy drugs buy from a drug dealer. I do think the notion that every drug dealer is a rotten murderous scumbag is rediculous. I think most are just filling a niche--one that will always exist--because they need more money, and perhaps more fun, than their dead end job can offer. EDIT: Obviously this guy was a real POS, I'm not sticking up for him, but in general the whole concept that all drug dealers are as bad as murderers is BS.

I'm truly more concerned about officer safety then drug dealer's rights on the whole use of SWAT tactics.

Lacing drugs with cyanide? There is an idea that will at least shrink the customer base for drug dealers, and possibly save lives in the long run. Sounds like a plan worth investigating that may keep collateral damage to a minimum.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Lacing drugs with cyanide? There is an idea that will at least shrink the customer base for drug dealers, and possibly save lives in the long run. Sounds like a plan worth investigating that may keep collateral damage to a minimum.
    Maybe. maybe not. A lot of kids experiment with drugs and never continue to use them. I would hate to think one of my children tried smoking pot somewhere and died because it was laced with cyanide.

ocsdor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    For the record, I don't believe I was trolling. The whole situation is a damn shame, and could be avoided if so many weren't so anxious to tell others how to run their lives.

Ditto.

I wonder how those who say "they were enforcing the law" will feel when guns become illegal and the police start enforcing that law.

Top Bottom