• ...and so much more!
  • dnurk

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Boone County
    I generally dislike people being 'grammar nazis,' but I thought the responses here were more than appropriate. Mispelled words and forgotten punctuation are so common that it's still really easy for us to understand what's being said...Getting through this post was actually work though, and I think that's the point they were trying to make. It was actually so poorly typed that I was afraid I was reading a troll post. If you're on a forum and telling a story, you WANT people to read it - so don't make it hard on them. If you type 'y' instead of the word 'why,' it's really not an issue of 'perfect grammar,' it's just being careless and lazy.

Otherwise it was a good story and I would be extremely happy with what the cop said to her!

Good posting. I hate the nit pickers who make a big deal of a typo, auto-correct mistake, or a common grammatical error. But the OP was something that 3 monkeys sharing a smart phone could have banged out. I appreciate the author taking the time to share his experience but tying to read that made my head hurt.

Last edited:

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    I know I forgot some stuff and what not. When you're typing so fast and sometimes you forget comma[STRIKE]'[/STRIKE]s or period[STRIKE]'[/STRIKE]s or [STRIKE]miss spelled[/STRIKE] misspelled words.. I just had to put my :twocents: in

:D Couldn't help it. It's a pet peeve of mine. It also pisses me off when people repeatedly cannot grasp the concept of English.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I did all that after working 13 hours. I was tired as hell, it was 0130, and I was pissed that I had to spend extra time on this. That said, I figured I'd miss a couple. I am astonished that he used "supposed" correctly. A lot of people can't get that right.

:D Couldn't help it. It's a pet peeve of mine. It also pisses me off when people repeatedly cannot grasp the concept of English.

But your being an ass about it. you're posts are condescending and nasty. Their's no call for it.

(Psssst. English is a language, not a concept.)

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    "becauae he was in her with his gun"

Best quote of the whole thread...

Extremely painful to read, this coming for the dumbest person in the world!

Top Bottom