• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rugerfan12

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2012
    laporte county
    Sorry im posting this like a month after but hey its a great turn out.

I went to phantoms fireworks in portage with my brother whos from Illinois. I was of course OCing my brother was a little in the wow kinda state since he dosent see it ever. well mean while we were in the store everything was great walked passed the LEO that was there nothing said. +1 LEO We procceded to checkout and the middle aged dark skined women who was bagging the fireworks started in on me about my OC the convo goes like this:(I will say i got pissed but kept my cool so i could school this lady)

lady: Is that a real gun

me: YES y

lady: BECOUSE YOUR NOT ALLOWED TO HAVE THAT ON U LIKE THAT

me: yes i am ma'am im legal in the state of Indiana to carry my firearm in the manner i choose

lady: no your not and your not supposed to have it in the store your not allowed to open carry dont make me go get that officer over there..

me: I said you know what be my guest

so she went off to the officer (same one i walked passed) and started complaining or w.e she was doing and my i could hear the leo say: theres nothing i can do ma'am he has givin me kno reason to stop and question him he more enlikly has a permit and by law he can open carry also if there is no sign posted he's allowed in. and asked her a ? he asked if a man came in here and robbed the place, would you be thankfull if he risked his life and saved you becouse he was in her and with his gun.. the lady says yeah i guess your right.... HIGH FIVE LEO I hate when people do this but its a part of OC its gonna happen i have only had 2 problems since i got my permit both turned out great!! sorry ill stop here feel free to enlighten me on what i did wrong if i did any :D

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Great story. I will attribute your atrocious grammar to it being 0125. I am happy to hear everything went okay, and another educated sheep. I have yet to have a bad encounter, but my day will come, I'm sure. I look like a cop, so most people don't say anything to me. Never had a cop say anything about my gun.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Sorry [STRIKE]im[/STRIKE] I'm posting this like a month after but hey[STRIKE]its[/STRIKE] it's a great turn out.

I went to [STRIKE]phantoms fireworks[/STRIKE] Phantom Fireworks in [STRIKE]portage[/STRIKE] Portage with my brother [STRIKE]whos[/STRIKE] who's from [STRIKE]Illinois[/STRIKE] PSRI. I was of course OCing, my brother was a little in the "wow" kinda state since he [STRIKE]dosent[/STRIKE] doesn't see it ever. [STRIKE]well[/STRIKE]Well [STRIKE]mean while[/STRIKE] meanwhile we were in the store, everything was great, walked passed the LEO that was there, nothing said. +1 LEO. We [STRIKE]procceded[/STRIKE] proceeded to checkout, and the middle aged dark [STRIKE]skined[/STRIKE] skinned [STRIKE]women[/STRIKE] woman who was bagging the fireworks started in on me about my OC. [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] The convo goes like this:(. I will say[STRIKE]i[/STRIKE] I got pissed but kept my cool so[STRIKE]i[/STRIKE] I could school this lady.[STRIKE])[/STRIKE]

lady: Is that a real gun?

me: YES [STRIKE]y[/STRIKE] why?

lady: [STRIKE]BECOUSE[/STRIKE] Because [STRIKE]YOUR[/STRIKE] you're NOT ALLOWED TO HAVE THAT ON [STRIKE]U[/STRIKE] you LIKE THAT.

me: [STRIKE]yes i[/STRIKE] Yes I am ma'am[STRIKE] im[/STRIKE] I'm legal in the state of Indiana to carry my firearm in the manner [STRIKE]i[/STRIKE] I choose.

lady: [STRIKE]no your[/STRIKE] No you're not and [STRIKE]your[/STRIKE] you're not supposed to have it in the store [STRIKE]your[/STRIKE] you're not allowed to open carry [STRIKE]dont[/STRIKE] don't make me go get that officer over there..

me: [STRIKE]I said[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]you[/STRIKE] You know what, be my guest.

[STRIKE]so[/STRIKE] So she went off to the officer (same one [STRIKE]i[/STRIKE] I walked [STRIKE]passed[/STRIKE] past) and started complaining or w.e she was doing and my[STRIKE] i [/STRIKE] I could hear the [STRIKE]leo[/STRIKE] LEO say[STRIKE]: theres[/STRIKE], "There's nothing [STRIKE]i[/STRIKE] I can do ma'am, he has [STRIKE]givin[/STRIKE] given me [STRIKE]k[/STRIKE]no reason to stop and question him, he more [STRIKE]enlikly[/STRIKE] than likely has a permit and by law he can open carry. [STRIKE]also[/STRIKE] Also if there is no sign posted he's allowed in." [STRIKE]and[/STRIKE] He asked her a [STRIKE]?[/STRIKE] question. [STRIKE]he[/STRIKE] He asked if a man came in here and robbed the place, would you be [STRIKE]thankfull[/STRIKE] thankful if he risked his life and saved you [STRIKE]becouse[/STRIKE] because he was in [STRIKE]her[/STRIKE] here and with his gun.. [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] The lady says yeah [STRIKE]i[/STRIKE] I guess [STRIKE]your[/STRIKE] you're right.... HIGH FIVE LEO. I hate when people do this but [STRIKE]its[/STRIKE] it's a part of OC [STRIKE]its[/STRIKE] it's gonna happen[STRIKE] i[/STRIKE] I have only had 2 problems since[STRIKE] i[/STRIKE] I got my [STRIKE]permit [/STRIKE] license, both turned out great!! [STRIKE]sorry ill[/STRIKE] Sorry I'll stop here, feel free to enlighten me on what [STRIKE]i[/STRIKE] I did wrong if [STRIKE]i[/STRIKE] I did any :D

You did about 70 things wrong, by my count.

Last edited:

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove

Is there room for this next to your CC Badge?
    GrammarPoliceLogo.jpg

:D

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Damn dude! You must have been really bored!

Nah, he was just nominally bored. If he were really bored, he'd have found the other ~30 mistakes :laugh:

That said, good story. I think we should start a fund on the site & start getting badge numbers of officers who treat OC correctly. Use the fund to send gift baskets of beer & bacon to those officers. :ingo:

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN

You missed a few. "Women" should have been singular, and there were a couple of commas that really should have been semicolons, since that's what you use to separate two distinctly separate and yet related sentences. And a couple of others.

I'm cutting a corner off your "Correctin' Chip."

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    You missed a few. "Women" should have been singular, and there were a couple of commas that really should have been semicolons, since that's what you use to separate two distinctly separate and yet related sentences. And a couple of others.

I'm cutting a corner off your "Correctin' Chip."

I did all that after working 13 hours. I was tired as hell, it was 0130, and I was pissed that I had to spend extra time on this. That said, I figured I'd miss a couple. I am astonished that he used "supposed" correctly. A lot of people can't get that right.

Miketodd

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    That said, good story. I think we should start a fund on the site & start getting badge numbers of officers who treat OC correctly. Use the fund to send gift baskets of beer & bacon to those officers. :ingo:

That idea is brilliant! I would defiantly donate to that cause. Maybe once the word got out, more cops would jump on the bandwagon!:rockwoot:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Oh wow I didn't know this was going to turn into a english class. but thanks

Grammar Nazi's walk among us. (CPT. Nervous)
    No matter what, some mistakes will be made.
    Develop a thick skin when you post.
    That being said, he does have a point though.
    You had a good "quality" post, at least in my opinion.
    But sometimes, posts are hard to read.
    Then people end up skipping over it, they don't want to work to read it.
    An extra couple seconds on typing means you reach people better.
    Besides, while he was knocking your typing, I don't think anyone has knocked the story.
    There is that to look at.

rugerfan12

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2012
    laporte county
    Grammar Nazi's walk among us. (CPT. Nervous)
    No matter what, some mistakes will be made.
    Develop a thick skin when you post.
    That being said, he does have a point though.
    You had a good "quality" post, at least in my opinion.
    But sometimes, posts are hard to read.
    Then people end up skipping over it, they don't want to work to read it.
    An extra couple seconds on typing means you reach people better.
    Besides, while he was knocking your typing, I don't think anyone has knocked the story.
    There is that to look at.

I know i forgot some stuff and what not. When your typing so fast and sometimes you forget comma's or period's or miss spelled words.. I just had to put my :twocents: in

whoismunky

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Bloomington,IN
    I know i forgot some stuff and what not. When your typing so fast and sometimes you forget comma's or period's or miss spelled words.. I just had to put my :twocents: in

I generally dislike people being 'grammar nazis,' but I thought the responses here were more than appropriate. Mispelled words and forgotten punctuation are so common that it's still really easy for us to understand what's being said...Getting through this post was actually work though, and I think that's the point they were trying to make. It was actually so poorly typed that I was afraid I was reading a troll post. If you're on a forum and telling a story, you WANT people to read it - so don't make it hard on them. If you type 'y' instead of the word 'why,' it's really not an issue of 'perfect grammar,' it's just being careless and lazy.

Otherwise it was a good story and I would be extremely happy with what the cop said to her!

Top Bottom