• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • netman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    Chandler,In
    Well I have a S and W 460 handgun for trade and nearly sealed the deal on a 458 but the logistics were too much. I went ahead and ordered a new one from Rock River. Now I have a wait and on the look out for dies and brass. Any leads let me know. Looking foreward to getting her in my hands,scoping her out and getting some loads worked up for deer season. Thanks

RGriff69

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 24, 2010
    There are dies on gunbroker sometimes. I ordered my 458 about 3 weeks ago and am playing the waiting game also.

I got some bullets already off Andrew at Profire.

1donos

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I have a complete and an upper (upper is for sale in classifieds) Haven't heard back from Andrew on ammo or his reloading class?? Might try him again next week.
    Wonder which is worse... having the gun and no ammo or the ammo and no gun? :)

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I have a complete and an upper (upper is for sale in classifieds) Haven't heard back from Andrew on ammo or his reloading class?? Might try him again next week.

Worse is my case.
    I have a new to me 458 and ammo but no time to test it out.

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    Buy your brass when its available.... it drys up really quick. I've had 1000 pieces on backorder for over 6 months. Good thing I already have 500+ to shoot and reload.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011

The gun and no ammo, believe me.

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    Midway has brass available. Getting ready to order some.
    Yeah, but Midways price is $360/500 = $720/1000 + shipping. I got mine for $635/1000 delivered. I just have to wait til Starline gets motivated to make it and fill backorders.

I might have to get some of those pretty 100 gr. aluminum bullets to try.:ar15:

netman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    Chandler,In
    Speaker I have this one
    2012-01-21055448.jpg

I can post my cell number if you have a trade.

handgun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Central part of This state
    Well I have a S and W 460 handgun for trade and nearly sealed the deal on a 458 but the logistics were too much. I went ahead and ordered a new one from Rock River. Now I have a wait and on the look out for dies and brass. Any leads let me know. Looking foreward to getting her in my hands,scoping her out and getting some loads worked up for deer season. Thanks
    I am jealous. I want one... But can't justify it at this time. but :rockwoot:on dude.

djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    I picked up Hornady dies off ebay for 60 bucks. It only took Starline 1 week to get me my brass a couple weeks ago.
    I built my lower and found a upper at Orion for 695.00 the same week.
    I say start buying anything you need,because componets are harder than usual to fine,without ordering them.
    I'm ready for deer season now though.
    picture.php

netman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    Chandler,In
    Worked up any loads for your rifle yet? I happen to be heavy into 45-70s and have plenty of cast and jacketed bullets around. Going to call Starline tomorrow and place a order. I'm undecided on which scope to buy. I'm a Leupold man so looking at the hogman scope or something similiar. Fortunately for me I go to Louisiana several times a year and will be there during gator season. Going to waylay some hogs. Spoke to my La buddy today about hammering some hogs this year instead of gator gar fishing.

lordjackel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Aug 20, 2008
    Southern Arkansas
    Not to hi-jack - but got to take my 458 out today for the first time. Shooting handloads 325gr FXT on top of 33.5 gr of H110.

In a simple word "OUCH". I totally wasn't expecting the level of recoil. My brain saw AR15 but my shoulder says black and blue (of course had just left the gym so was in a workout tank top :xmad:)

The rifle/round shot great...only had 20 rounds with me but that was more than enough to get the new rifle and scope centered on paper.

Padded shirt for sure next time!

Top Bottom