• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • netman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    Chandler,In
    I have a 458S on order through RR. A couple days ago I stopped at the local gun shop and low and behold they had two 458S on the shelf. Got to chatting with the clerk and worked up a deal. I am now the proud owner of a new RR 458SOCOM. I am going to order the brass, Larue mounts, Leupold scope and dies this week. I have to get some load info worked up so when all the components are lined up I can get some shooting done at my backyard range.
    If anyone can hook me up with the 458SOCOM forum I would like to join. Netman

RGriff69

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 24, 2010
    Dang, I'm jealous! My 458 was ordered March 13th. I'm playing the waiting game.

I also want to get on the 458 forum if someone can help out.

nickman54

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    congratz

i own a 450 bushy and have nothing but goods things to say. They are a similar type of fun so you should be lobbing some heavy bullets soon.

RGriff69

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 24, 2010
    I am glad I'm not the only one who cannot figure out how to join that site. I hope someone can hook us up.
    They are not registering new users on the site right now. There are a couple guys off INGO on there

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Just recently picked one up my self. well an upper that is.
    Did you get the mid length gas system or carbine?

Terry4570

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    N.A. IN.
    I have a 458S on order through RR. A couple days ago I stopped at the local gun shop and low and behold they had two 458S on the shelf. Got to chatting with the clerk and worked up a deal. I am now the proud owner of a new RR 458SOCOM. I am going to order the brass, Larue mounts, Leupold scope and dies this week. I have to get some load info worked up so when all the components are lined up I can get some shooting done at my backyard range.
    WWW.458SOCOMFORUMS.COM
    Lots of good info on reloading and just a lot of good tips.

elwoodward

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 25, 2011
    Washington Co.

Dang, I'm jealous! My 458 was ordered March 13th. I'm playing the waiting game.

I also want to get on the 458 forum if someone can help out.

Check out this link tells you how to get registered on the site and why they have closed the automatic registration.
    New Member Registration Temporarily Disabled

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Allen I got the mid length, Elwood thanks for the info and link.

Mid length is what I have. When you ready to load for it, IMR 4198 powder seems to work great in mine.

P.S. I have an extra set of Dies if you need them

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I was a member before the board went down and they relaunched it. My account seems to still be there but I can't get logged in. Some kind of authentication issue. Mine shoots pretty damn good so I haven't worried about getting on there much.

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Allen what brand are they? I am leaning towards Redding however I am open for others.

They are Hornady I bought Redding also and I am keeping those. Nothing wrong with the Hornady, Redding wasn't available when I was first looking

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    $55.00 shipped. I sized about 10 pieces of new brass with them before I got my Reddings

netman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    Chandler,In
    Allen I was all set to buy the dies however upon reading several of the post on 458socom forum I believe I am going to pass and order the Reddings. Hopefully someone else who is following this post will buy them.

netman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    Chandler,In
    Called Starline Brass and ordered 250 pcs. They informed me there was substantial back order list and they should be getting to work on making the brass soon. However the lady told me to figure 8-10 weeks.
    I ordered a Leupold 3x9x50 ballistic firedot scope today. Got to order the Larue mounting system and Redding dies and I will be set.

Top Bottom