• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bartonmd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    Mooresville/Camby
    I've been meaning to try the FTX, but the 250gr Monoflex came out, so I'm going to try them.

I've been using the TTSX 300, and the Hornady 300gr HP. It's very nearly a 1MOA rifle with the TTSX 300, but more like a 4MOA rifle with the Hornadys.

I got a deer last weekend with the Hornady JHP, and it worked as advertized. Through and through, with a little bigger hole on the back side. I haven't keelt anything with the TTSX, though, so maybe this next weekend...

Mike

RGriff69

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 24, 2010
    I used the 300 grain TTSX on a deer last week. It does the job for sure. Deer didn't go anywhere. Blood was every where though.

bartonmd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    Mooresville/Camby
    I'm actually a little disappointed with the Hornady 250gr bullets, now that I have a box of them. I was under the impression that they were a BT bullet, from the pictures (including the one on the very box that the bullets came in), but they're flat base. Because of this, I'm not sure that they'll shoot any flatter at any kind of distance than the TTSX stuff.

Mike

Mech45

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    NWI
    The Barnes TTSX 300gr is what worked best in mine. They shoot right at 1" at 100yds. With Cor-Bon factory ammo and Combined Technolgies 300gr silvertip reloads it has issues with FTF. The longer bullets seem to work better then then the shorter stuff. I'm not sure if this is a mag issue or buffer weight/spring issue. Still working on it, the CT 300grainers are a whole lot cheaper then the Barnes stuff but I think the Barnes would take down just about anything.

Chris

kruger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Has anyone tried Speer's 300gr HP? It is a UHP same as the Gold Dots making it a bonded bullet but it is closer to a Soft point with a demple. Cheaper than the others also. Berry has a 300gr plated bullet as well.

Top Bottom