• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tazwolf

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    Does anyone know of any manufacture still making a 454 casull rifle. I've a few guns shops looking but they have no answer to when they might get one in or if still being manufactured. Any idea?? or leads

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Rossi still lists several models of their M92 levergun in .454, but actually finding one of them in-stock right now is virtually impossible. I have been looking for one for a customer since March, with no luck.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    You might want to do some research into that chambering if you are thinking lever gun. I cant remember the specific sights, but I recall reading a few places that the winchester design lever guns could not stand up to the pressures of the full house .454 loads, something about bolt set back. I do not own one, only repeating what I remember from my research into the subject. I went with a .44m, started out with a revolver, but intend to get a lever gun in matching caliber as soon as I can afford it.

If you are looking for a single shot, I believe T/C, rossi, and H&R all have models that are chambered in 454. The rossi is the only rifle of this type I have first hand experience with, albeit in 44m. It has been a wonderful deer rifle for my son for the last two years.

tazwolf

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    Seen the single shot just not what looking for much rather have the lever action Guess going to have to find a ruger 77/44 Since that was my second choice But thanks everyone for the input

Top Bottom