• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • furbymac

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    noblesville
    where does one look for one at? who makes them? i can find plenty of pictures online of lever action riffles but not for sure if they are 357 or not. do they make them in anything other than lever action (pump or bolt) lookin at one for maybe deer hunting

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    372   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    While I have a Marlin lever in .357, I was looking at an H&R single shot new for $225+/-. Seems like a great starter deer gun.

Also thought about getting one, having it cut to 16.5" and threaded, and suppressing it for no reason whatsoever (thinking how quiet a .38 sp 148 gr wadcutter would be).

rushca01

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Lever guns are fun too shoot. I just shot my first lever gun a couple of weeks ago and it was a blast. I would go for the 44 mag though...:twocents:

nighthawk80

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Trafalger
    While I have a Marlin lever in .357, I was looking at an H&R single shot new for $225+/-. Seems like a great starter deer gun.

Also thought about getting one, having it cut to 16.5" and threaded, and suppressing it for no reason whatsoever (thinking how quiet a .38 sp 148 gr wadcutter would be).

Ooh, that would be cool! I would love to see that.

Digital_photog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2010
    Syracuse, IN
    Marlin makes excellent pistol caliber guns. Rossi and others have Winchester 92 clones that are very nice too. Marlin are one of the most popular for SASS competition. I have Rossi rifles in both .357 and .45 colt. Both are excellent rifles.

woodsie57

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    Rossi also has a sidgle shot. The reason most folks opt for the .44 for deer is that the .357, esp. from a handgun-length barrel, ts considered to be at the very bottom of the list, power wise, for deer. The single shots, however, can be easily rechambered by hand for .357 Maximum. giving you aproximately 30-30 performance. You rent the reamer online for $15 or so. send it back when you;re done. But then you'd probably wanna start reloading, if you don't already.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    why does indiana make it so expensive to hunt deer with a rifle grrrrrrr:xmad:

Indiana did us all a huge favor by letting us use pistol cartridge rifles. I used to have a Savage 210F 12ga slug gun. Everytime I pulled the trigger it cost at least $2 and kicked like a mother.

Now I hunt with a Puma 92 44mag that I load ammo for at less than .30 a round. I never want to go back to a shotgun and I love my new light, handy, and powerful rifle.

The marlin, puma, & NEF are the most reasonable options out there cost wise. If you want a scope it's the marlin or NEF to save some $$. If you want to go old school it's the Puma 92. If you want the cheapest route, the NEF rifles would be just fine also. Lots of good options out there, but I really like the look and feel of the 92's.

Top Bottom