• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    How many on here could be ready to leave in 30 minutes or less...

To make this easier, you and your family are at home. A Natural Disater of an Unspecified Nature is on a course to destroy your little section of the the World. You have 30 minutes to leave you place of residence with everything you need to survive...

Could you do it?!

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    Yea no problem on this end, we have several various "bug out bags" ready to be tossed into the back of the truck, we each have our own individual packs plus a community kitchen pack, a community food pantry pack & an animal supply pack for our dogs.

Granted if we have to bug out on foot or if we are forced to leave the truck on the side of the road we can only take our individual packs but hopefully that wont be an issue.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    When we lived over in PA, the view out our back window was a nuke power plant. We could be out the door with our "running" packs and guns in 5 minutes. Put it to the test a few times simply by coming home on a Friday and announcing we were leaving, and spending the weekend camping with what we had.

Now, we don't keep the packs packed, but all the gear is together. We can be gone in 20-25 minutes... 15 minutes if we aren't terribly worried about how stuff is tossed in the back of the truck.

mskendall

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 10, 2009
    NE Indy
    Time before last = epic fail. Last time = 35 minutes. Gathering, packing and prioritizing more made it better. More work and we'll shave another 10-15 minutes(I hope).

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    It would be an epic mess of disorganization, but the essentials would be in the truck and on the road, assuming I was home at minute #1. If I'm at work - no way.

We are slowly and steadily improving our chances, though. Lots of work to do still!

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    We always "hope" to bug in, with the ammo dump, water system, canned goods and generator.

Barring that, yes. Hook up the camping trailer, load the food, and drive away.

Muzzleloaderbill

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2010
    Ligonier
    Lock the gate across the drive. Loaded the guns. Live as all my Amish neighbors. If the SHTF. Where you going to run to when everyone else is running to?

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    Lock the gate across the drive. Loaded the guns. Live as all my Amish neighbors. If the SHTF. Where you going to run to when everyone else is running to?

There are two main reasons ... "fire or flood" for everyone to be prepared to evacuate, even if they are planning on "bugging in".

Security122

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2010
    Southside of Indy
    ...A Natural Disater of an Unspecified Nature is on a course to destroy your little section of the the World. You have 30 minutes to leave you place of residence with everything you need to survive... Could you do it?!

I really want to bug in rather than out, but the question posted leaves no room for staying home. I believe we could get out in under 30 minutes with most or a lot of the supplies we have. We keep the tanks full in our cars so we could drive as far as that would take up. That may only be to the interstate parking lot, since everyone else if bugging out. It would be nice to have a truck and travel trailer. Or better yet, a MAD MAX MOTOR HOME.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    i also recomend cache's. if i had to i could walk away with nothing and have plenty withing a short time. always remember your life is more important than any stuff, no matter how important you think it is. in the case of a chemical attack or dirty bomb, minutes will mean life or death immediately and also down the road. thats why it is so important to feed your mind constantly. it is your greatest piece of gear and then your body. also, its wise to keep a small kit on you at all times, small enough for a pocket or purse. and of coarse we all should have a pistol and extra mags.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    IF it happened right now, the truck is with my son. His plan is to get back to our place......My daughter has the same plan.

Chemical or nuclear events would get my attention, depending on the wind and distance.

Top Bottom