• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • N_K_1984

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    I tried using the search function. No good results.

SO...

I'm looking into new optics for my .30-06. I want to gather opinions and possibly recommendations for a scope. I have $300 in the rifle, I want to stay within a $300-$400 budget on optics. What do you think INGO?

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    I tried using the search function. No good results.

SO...

I'm looking into new optics for my .30-06. I want to gather opinions and possibly recommendations for a scope. I have $300 in the rifle, I want to stay within a $300-$400 budget on optics. What do you think INGO?

I would look at the low end Ziess optics but they might be out of your budget. Its been a while since I priced rifle optics.

seamusalaska

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    East Central IN
    i tried responding once but i guess i wasn't signed in...so if this is posted twice....sorry.
    Assuming the parameters of the 30-06 (mine is a Ruger MKII) try a Burris Fullfield II 3x9-40mm in Ballistic Plex. 'Opticsplanet' had them for around $200 on sale, but it's been a year or so since I've checked scope prices. There are some really good fairly cheap scopes if you look around, Google; etc. Good luck.

N_K_1984

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    rifle is a sporter I'm building, a mauser action, chambered of course, in .30-06.

I'm just a recreational target shooter, so i def want something long range, high power, i really personally prefer a mil-dot reticle. I have a sporter Mosin Nagant M44 with a Bec Goldline 3-12x44mm with an illuminated mil dot reticle. I really like it, as it's served me VERY well. I can't find them anymore. I bought it years ago from The SportsmansGuide. I just want to find something good, strong, reliable, and can handle the boom/vibrations of the .30-06 round. I want to go to a higher power than the scope i previously mentioned, perhaps upward of 20x. I want to read 100 yard targets at 500 yards...

My brother in law swears by BSA. I've looked at a few online... but still no sell.

HOWEVER, after using a BSA Sweet .17 (on a 17cal rifle)... I then bought, and still have a BSA Sweet .22 3-9x40mm on my Savage MKII Target. I like it. A lot, despite feeling like it's underpowered on it's zoom... Now BSA makes a Sweet .30-06 scope, but it only goes as high as 10x. So it makes me reluctant to purchase. (is that bad?)

I'm deff gonna look into the Falcon Menace though. Thanks for the help so far, keep it coming, i really appreciate the info!

why am I so picky? I don't want to spend a fortune though...

Last edited:

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    the Falcon is a good choice.

You can get it with a Mil-dot reticle and also with the adjustments in Mil-Radians so that you don't have to worry about converting MOA to Mils and vice versa. 10 clicks is 1 mil-dot. Done, easy.

I highly recommend it. I have the 4-14x44 on my rifle.

Top Bottom