• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rbsangler

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Lizton
    I am nearly 3 months into the waiting process on a form 4. i wonder if I could call and check on the status of this at the BATFE, would I just ask them when it is pending? What should I reasonably expect to learn if i were to call?

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    From this thread:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/class_iii_nfa/26144-nfa_from_a_beginners_perspective.html

June 3, 2009: Called the BATFE at (304) 616-4500. I spoke with a live person. There were no voice prompts. When answering the phone, all she said was "NFA. Can I help you?" I said I was calling to inquire about the status of a Form 4. She asked me the serial number and then my name, and told me it went pending in their system on 5/6/09. From what I've seen of other members' applications, the time from pending to approval seems to be in the 3-6 week range, with some occasionally much longer. Since it's been about 4 weeks since I went pending, hopefully mine will be approved soon! :D

June 22, 2009: Forms still pending. NFA says awaiting fingerprints to return from FBI. Examiner is Ashton. On a side note, the guy on the other end of the phone sounded kind of tired of answering status questions. When I mentioned that he must be getting tired of it, he chuckled a bit and said that's pretty much his day every day. I hope my empathizing with him brightened his day a bit, at least.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I'm right there with you. They cashed my check on Nov 27th. I won't be calling as I've done this before and it isn't going to speed up the process, only slow it down by adding to their workload.

Had another member's Form 4 show up yesterday under the six month mark. That's good enough for me. I don't expect to see mine before the end of May, if it shows up sooner I'll be pleased.

xryan.jacksonx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 3, 2012
    If you want to get a good idea of where the workload is, check nfatracker.com and look at the pending date of the stamps that have arrived in the last couple days. From there you can get a decent approximation.

btb601

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    SW Missouri
    It does not hurt to call once to make sure there is no issues. After the checked is cashed, it takes a while to get into the system. I think they said like 4-5 weeks but I am going off my OLD memory. After that, they can tell you what they know.

Your are not tying up the inspectors. They have people to answer the phones.
    Think about it, you wait 6-7 months and you get around to call just to find out there is a problem.....

My last stamp for a SBR that was submitted in 7-27, I called in Oct and there was a problem with my serial number. She told me to fill out new paper work and send it to her and she would correct it. It went pending 8-23 and approved 2-15

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom