• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yotewacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    I had a friend give me a 25 auto last month. It's in a box, I'm not sure of the brand. But the story is.

When you when to work at the Indiana State Capital building back in the early 60's. The job came with a 25 semi auto. They gave you the gun and you were suppose to carry it when working.
    Times sure has changed!

Claddagh

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2008
    Hiram2005;1515138 One I always heard was said:
    True that! The one I heard was: Should you shoot somebody with a .25, he's probably gonna be annoyed if/when he finds out about it.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    I agree that the .25 is a small almost ineffective round, but who on here will volunteer to be shot in the face with one? Someone on here has a saying that goes.."a gun in the hand is better than one in the drawer at home", not quoting just paraphrasing (spelling?)

Claddagh

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2008
    I agree that the .25 is a small almost ineffective round, but who on here will volunteer to be shot in the face with one? Someone on here has a saying that goes.."a gun in the hand is better than one in the drawer at home", not quoting just paraphrasing (spelling?)

By the same token, who among us will volunteer to try and fend off a crack/meth-addled mugger holding, for instance, a baseball bat or a knife armed only with a .25 ACP? Any takers there?

To me, it ain't so much a question of whether a hit or five from .25 might not stop him, eventually. It's just that I'm not personally willing to bet on one being able to do that before he has the chance to inflict a serious hurtin' on me or mine first

silkpoet

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 6, 2010
    SW Indiana
    I would imagine you could sell it an get a 22 lr if you were looking for a small caliber defensive option. Many have asked if being shot with one in the face would do damage. I imagine it would, however, a small gun like you mention may be shot at the body, and I would not think it would penetrate a jacket or heavy clothing with any effect. Just my 2 cents... but it was free! :)

Top Bottom