• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Stopped in at Haley's Lodge this afternoon and found .22 rim-fire sensitive Tannerite!

Package says to mix it up and distribute between the provided targets. I couldn't count the targets, and the package doesn't list a yield, but I saw at least 10 targets, maybe more.

Price was $26

Might be kid-fun. :dunno:

Last edited:

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    They used to come pre-mixed in an adhesive backed target. Lots of fun for the little guys to shoot. We even shot some with a .22 caliber pellet in a Crossman pump up gun. Nice loud bang but not as loud as a shotgun from what I remember. I need to get some of the new stuff and let the grand kids have some target practice.

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    Hartatac here on the forum sells the H2 22lr sensitive targets. Works way better than I expected.

Don't be fooled by the small size. Ounce for ounce this stuff is way more potent than regular tannerite.

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    Hartatac here on the forum sells the H2 22lr sensitive targets. Works way better than I expected.

Don't be fooled by the small size. Ounce for ounce this stuff is way more potent than regular tannerite.

I can attest to that. I bought two packages from doc at Hartatac, and it's a lot more energetic than tannerite! It comes in a ten target pack and is easy to mix and load into the targets. I used half inch plywood to mount the self adhesive targets to and most of them produced a nice round hole. Much louder then the equivalent amount of tannerite.

Fun stuff!

jworm1420

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    that stuff is awesome.... i had some for .22 was really fun. now i buy the 4lbers and split it up, i mix it and put it in old chew cans or round electrical tape containers... makes a bunch and a full day of fun. have fun

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    What I'd like to know is if the .22 sensitive stuff can be used to detonate regular tannerite. Report back with your findings...please?

dak109

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Brown County
    When I talked to the guy selling at the 1500 awhile back he said standard velocity ranges would set it off. I have not tried it yet. Yet being the operative word. I am going to try it with a suppressed gun.

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    What I'm wondering is if the white lightning .22 rim fire targets would provide sufficient energy to act as an ignition to regular tannerite if it was set up properly. Would the tannerite reach high order or would it just deflagrate or nothing at all.

dak109

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Brown County
    Another zombie thread.

Finally got a chance to try out some White lightning exploding targets with a suppressed 22. It will set it off.

We also tried it with an air rifle. 1100fps and a 8.3 gr. pellet will set it off also.

We shot it at about 30 yards. I don't know how much farther the pellet gun would set it off.

Top Bottom